Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2004 11:05:17 PM EDT
Gimme some ideas as to how you mount your ACOG's (more specifically, the compacts) on your M4A2's...pics would be GREAT along with it.
Does Triji's standard A2 mount system work well enough?
Is an A2 mount too high for a compact ACOG?
I've got a 16" Bushy A2 M4gery with the ACE ARFX shorty stock (shooting nose CLOSE to charging handle), what do you think of the TA-50R4 in this setup? Gimme the low down. Again, pics and descriptions would be great, thx.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's one, I'll see if I have more. I'm sure I do, just have to dig them up. It works great, I have a second hole drilled about 3/4" back from the main hole.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
here is mine
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a compact, but here is a TA11 on a Rock River A2 CAR:

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does Triji's standard A2 mount system work well enough?

My experience is that it works well; but you need to use blue loctite and be aggressive with the allen wrench or it will back out from shooting vibration after several hundred rounds and zero will start to wander. I was using the much bigger TA11 in the carry handle (see CHJan's pic) though, so that may have been a factor.

Is an A2 mount too high for a compact ACOG?

I don't think so. In fact, the A2 handle and compact ACOGs go together like peanut butter & jelly in my book. Nice compact telescopic sight and easy iron sight access.

I've got a 16" Bushy A2 M4gery with the ACE ARFX shorty stock (shooting nose CLOSE to charging handle), what do you think of the TA-50R4 in this setup? Gimme the low down. Again, pics and descriptions would be great, thx.

The 3x compacts don't work as well unless you drill the second hole in the carry handle. They are usable and they have the same eye relief as the TA31 series; but they mount further forward than the TA31 using the existing carry handle hole, so even with a nose to charging handle stance, the eye relief isn't ideal. The 1.5x and 2x compact ACOGs work just fine with the existing hole.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
HMM...
More like bacon and egg's if you ask me h.gif. Compact acog 3x here on a removable carry handle. Mounted through factory hole (that sounds terrible), and the eye relief is perfect. No locktight, not lost it's zero even putting about 1200 rounds through her (I get to shoot once or twice a week). Even disomounting the carry handle and putting it back on has not had an effect on zero.

-Dave
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top