Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:43:34 PM EDT
If i were to hunt Deer with my AR rifle what would be my best choice of ammo to go with?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I would definately load my own but thats just me.

I think its kitty and...I forgot the other guys name but they shoot hogs with Q313a. Seems to me that if they will take down a hog...I'm pretty sure a deer wouldn't be too hard. Probably not the ideal gun but I know ALOT of people do it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Well if you're going to eat the deer, you definitely don't want to use Q3131A, unless you like a little lead in your diet.  Get a round that doesn't tumble and fragment like a hollowpoint round.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm assuming a 223 upper?  then 64 gr power points from winchester.  Thye have a good rep with deer.

I would strongly suggest using a deer round like a 308 instead of a varmit round.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I would recommend the 64 gr Win Power Point, the 60 gr Nosler Partitian, or the Barnes X bullet.

Pick your shot and shoot till it's down. Should only need one or maybe two shots.

Here in NC the min Cal is .24
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top