Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2005 4:26:56 PM EDT
I need to see what color everyone's buffer tubes are. How black are yours? Any hint of purple, or are they purple? Thanks alot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
got one thru CMMG awhile back.  Dont know who made it, but it was a very flat black.  100% black, 0% purple.

Tex78
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is very flat black, matches the upper well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
My RRA buffer tube is straight up flat black. Not purple at all.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Flat black. No purple.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:53:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#6]
the 2 RRA buffer tubes I just put on are flat black also
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine is black.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:07:05 AM EDT
[#8]
mine are black
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:51:12 AM EDT
[#9]
The M4 stock that came on my RRA lower half is BLACK.  No purple at all.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:09:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#11]
mines like that... don't think its really all that purple... maybe just a light black
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I think you are being overly picky.  I don't see a problem.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think you are being overly picky.  I don't see a problem.

+1
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#14]
And your upper is purple too.

All black dies are actually indigo.  Under certain lighting (flash cameras especially) they can appear purple.

How does it look otherwise?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Before I call them, am I being picky? Is mine purple to you or is it just my eyes? Thanks.

pics.montypics.com/4xjedi/2005-01-04/1104855657_Picture_236.jpg
pics.montypics.com/4xjedi/2005-01-04/1104855686_Picture_231.jpg

That would look great on my Bushmaster. It's purple to.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Flat Black...do not be so picky
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Jedi, that buffer tube is not purple, it's flat greyish black like just like mine. I had a purple delta ring, you'll know when you see purple, you won't even have to ask for a second opinion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
All black dies are actually indigo.  Under certain lighting (flash cameras especially) they can appear purple.

My RRA buffer tube is flat black to the eye but blue to my camera phone.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody else get a H buffer with their RRA stock? The one I ordered from Brownells came with one.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]
If you're not 100% satisfied with it, call them. Myself, I probably wouldn't.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey REDBONE I got an RRA telestock assemblie from eaglefirearms in colorado,it came with an H buffer
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#22]
My RRA telestock from Eagle Firearms also came with an H buffer
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#23]
You're right it is purple.  You shouldn't have to put up with that!  You need to send it to me immediately and buy yourself a new one.  hs
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:19:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Also black.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#25]
My upper is not purple it must just look that way in the pic. It's a Colt and it's grey. In any kind of light the tube looks purple, not just with a flash.  I saw a Tapco at a show and the tube was definatly black. The buffer has an H on it. Is that a heavy buffer? I did call RRA and they were very eager to help and willing to send me an RMA #for return. I just want to make sure I don't get another purple tube back. Like I said, I've seen black tubes and enough of you say you have black. How about some pics for me to compare.

89grand,
I've seen purple delta rings on this site, (maybe Yours) and although my tube is not that 'Pimp-Daddy Purple', it's not black.

I sent some pics to RRA and am waiting for a response as they compare to theirs.

You guys that say your's are black, prove it. Show me some pics . Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess everyone else has purple tubes and won't show their pics. I could of swore some of you said you had black.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I guess everyone else has purple tubes and won't show their pics. I could of swore some of you said you had black.

Why the attitude?  

You posted pictures asking for advice.  People responded with the advice that there is nothing wrong with the color of your extension tube and you should be satisfied with it.  But you had apparently already made up your mind that the color was unacceptable to you.  Fine.  Get a replacement.  But given the fact that your mind is already made up, what would be the point of people wasting their time posting pictures of their extension tubes at this time?

I think you need to decide whether, in your view, the AR-15 is a tool or a piece of artwork.  Then act accordingly, and don't bother looking for validation of your decisions from a bunch of strangers on the Internet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Ah, no attitude from me at all. I guess since I didn't put a smiley face after my statement, I have an attitude. I think you are the one with the attitude.  Your most recent post was no help to me what so ever. If you go back and READ the first answers, several people said that they had BLACK tubes not PURPLE.

People responded with the advice that there is nothing wrong with the color of your extension tube and you should be satisfied with it.

Why should I be satisfied with a purple tube on my black rifle? It's my rifle not yours. If you think a purple tube looks great, fine I'll mail you one.

I think you need to decide whether, in your view, the AR-15 is a tool or a piece of artwork.

Yes it's a tool, not a garden shovel or an adjustable wrench but a pretty darn expensive rifle...BIG DIFFERENCE. I'm not in the service, my rifle is not getting all beat up in the desert. I don't dig holes with it. Yes I'm proud of it and like to show it off. I guess, (in your eyes) I'm the only one.  Make sense man.
That's like me telling you it's OK to have red doors on your black Corvette. By your logic, a car is a tool.

what would be the point of people wasting their time posting pictures of their extension tubes at this time?

I didn't think this site had people WASTING THEIR TIME helping others out. I thought that was the one thing that seperated this site from others. I see repeated post about 'Which AR is the best?" or "Which brand?". The people on this board don't reply with an attitude, they help. I even saw a couple regarding purple parts. Wow, someone other than myself. I'll have to go back and see how you answered them.
I am getting a replacement stock, RRA is taking care of me. They're a great company. However, I wanted to see some black tubes. Haven't you EVER been curious? Or have you always settled on parts for your TOOL?
One person said theirs looked like mine. Eight people said theirs were black.  All I wanted was to see the black ones. To make sure I wasn't seeing things.
If I sound cranky, well you pissed me off.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Jedi, you are getting all worked up over nothing, and reading things into my reply that just aren't there.  I suggest you re-read my reply without your presumptions.  First you will see that I did indeed address your (snidely worded) point regarding no one posting pictures of their extensions.  Second, you will see that I didn't tell you that you have to be satisfied with your extension - I even said it was fine for you to get a replacement.  Finally, you will see that I actually gave you some additional useful advice:

Quoted:
don't bother looking for validation of your decisions from a bunch of strangers on the Internet.

If you think your tube is an unacceptable color despite the opposite opinion of those who replied, then just replace it and move on.  Don't keep fishing in an attempt to get a bunch of strangers to change their opinions and agree with you.  Like you said, it is your rifle and you are already having RRA replace the extension tube.  So why care about what others think, particularly when hearing opinions you don't want to hear is making you, as you put it, pissed off and cranky?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Call the company, a friend got one too, and it is PURPLE. Some type of glitch at the factory caused the paint to shift colors. I asked him if was some type of "Prince" buffer tube and he got pissed (you know Purple Rain) Anyway, he called, they apologized and exchanged the parts.
I wouldn't want it on my rifle. Perhaps at the next rifle class someone might mis-interpert the way you looked at them :)
Mark
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:28:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Markeagle,
Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

223semiauto,
Thanks for the pic.

zrxc77,
Again, you're not reading this entire thread. I'm not fishing in an attempt to get a bunch of strangers to change their opinions and agree with me. Only a few people said no biggie about the color. Eight people said they had black. I wanted some pics from those people. The guys that said they had black. That's all, very simple.
No hard feelings, alright?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top