Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 28
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Another blind getting older man checking in.

This looks like exactly what I need to replace my PA microdot with
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This was to be a SHOT show release but since it was canceled I have been showing it around a little. 11 brightness settings including NV

View Quote

Oh... NV you say? Curious.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This was to be a SHOT show release but since it was canceled I have been showing it around a little. 11 brightness settings including NV

I’M CALLING DIBS!!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I kinda want to hear more about the 2.5-10x updates that got a throwaway hint in thread

But I still want to hear more about this 1x. So January drop it sounds like, with mid-January pre-order dates? So closer to end of the month, or very beginning of February, for first releases. That's an awful tempting proposition.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just finally got the 2X GLX and its got NV settings and with the included tall mount I can use it with my poors digital NVG
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just finally got the 2X GLX and its got NV settings and with the included tall mount I can use it with my poors digital NVG
View Quote

How does it work? Some people say they use their lpvo on nv mode but ive never gotten that to work.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
@MARSH1

When will preorders open up?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag for info
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Does it mount to a carry handle?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does it mount to a carry handle?
View Quote

It has a mini acog style base, so if mini acogs can mount on a carry handle.....
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It has a mini acog style base, so if mini acogs can mount on a carry handle.....
View Quote

Can you use the sights through it like an ACOG?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How does it work? Some people say they use their lpvo on nv mode but ive never gotten that to work.
View Quote
well I've got a bino sionyx setup, and I have the optic mounted on the rifle, the reticle on NV settings shows up well, and you just kinda BAC it. if that makes sense. I can see through the optic, but I haven't tried it with IR, a lot of the chinese optics have strong IR block coatings on the lens that make optics not work well with IR and being a poor, I usually need IR. with my semi urban house and IR cameras and IR floods all around the house there really isn't anywhere dark I can easily test it. Ill see what I can do though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no clue. You'd have to research mini acog mounts and see if they would fit your needs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???  Over?

The lowest magnification Acog is a 1.5x, and you can't use iron sights through it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The lowest magnification Acog is a 1.5x, and you can't use iron sights through it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not talking about co-witness.
The ACOG has a hole through it so that when mounted on a carry handle, you can use the carry handle irons and see the front sight through the base.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
well I've got a bino sionyx setup, and I have the optic mounted on the rifle, the reticle on NV settings shows up well, and you just kinda BAC it. if that makes sense. I can see through the optic, but I haven't tried it with IR, a lot of the chinese optics have strong IR block coatings on the lens that make optics not work well with IR and being a poor, I usually need IR. with my semi urban house and IR cameras and IR floods all around the house there really isn't anywhere dark I can easily test it. Ill see what I can do though.
View Quote

Oh yeah. Have you shot it like that?

My bet is you wont be able to hit anything.

I have to close my eyes and look thru my right tube and look thru the optic for it work.

The whole overlay on the other eye thing doesnt work. I see people try it all the time at the range.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Oh yeah. Have you shot it like that?

My bet is you wont be able to hit anything.

I have to close my eyes and look thru my right tube and look thru the optic for it work.

The whole overlay on the other eye thing doesnt work. I see people try it all the time at the range.
View Quote
hmm. well it works with my Eotech. I assumed it would work through this, hoping to get out soon with it, Ill AAR
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#21]
What kind of mounting mechanism does it use and what is the expected weight of the optic?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Since it’s a prism, I am assuming it has an adjustable diopter?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Never had a prism except acog in the army. Is there a height standard for these like BUIS/RDS?

I can't really find info on it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Excellent. The reason I asked is because it looked incredibly low for a carry handle mount and I thought there may be some clearance issues.

I see that it comes with different risers. Nice.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#26]
really curious what the new reticle looks like. my 2x is already on the small side, I dont know if I would want a 1X
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

7oz  Yes
View Quote
Is that 7oz including the mount?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

7oz includes the complete low mount.  Riser adds 1/2 oz
View Quote

Not bad at all for a prism
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#35]
What's the eye relief like on it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#36]
That's a good looking optic, I might need to grab one or two of these .
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not bad at all for a prism
View Quote
Concur. There's a chuck of glass inside...so featherweight and prismatic don't usually hang out together in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Where is it made?
View Quote

PA has all of their optics made in shit hole Asian countries, and contract with some well known brands.  But, I have been impressed with their quality and innovation in their price range.  You get solid value.  Not the best optics, but fir the price, they cannot be beaten.  And they have food WA in their China factories.  China can build good stuff if you spec it right and check their output.  What does not make the grade fir one brand is purchased by another brand.  All
The leftovers go to Airsoft optics
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:07:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

PA has all of their optics made in shit hole Asian countries, and contract with some well known brands.  But, I have been impressed with their quality and innovation in their price range.  You get solid value.  Not the best optics, but fir the price, they cannot be beaten.  And they have food WA in their China factories.  China can build good stuff if you spec it right and check their output.  What does not make the grade fir one brand is purchased by another brand.  All
View Quote

All of their optics are not made in shithole countries. PLx line is made in Japan.  With that said, PA has strict rules on their QC. It's all about the manufacturer.

If memory serves, Athlon, Vortex, Atibal, and PA use the same manufacturers. I could be wrong however. They all offer pretty similar specced optics that are all decent for their range.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fir?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I loved the Cyclops I had, but the reticle was just too small.  I'm in if this one is more usable!
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just say China, then.
View Quote

Literally everyone else knew this.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm very interested in hearing from people that have used this with NODs.

The reticule is a big deal too.  I know a lot of people love the ACSS, but to be honest it is way to busy for me, and that would be triple true looking at it through green eyes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Good looking optic has the street price been released yet
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
really curious what the new reticle looks like. my 2x is already on the small side, I dont know if I would want a 1X
View Quote

That's not good to hear about the 2x. I have one on pre-order. As far as the 1x having a ranging reticle, I don't see the point. Too small to see, no magnification to actually make use of it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's not good to hear about the 2x. I have one on pre-order. As far as the 1x having a ranging reticle, I don't see the point. Too small to see, no magnification to actually make use of it.
View Quote

Relax. The 2x reticle is fine. Its not like the Cyclops.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Japan is a “shithole Asian country”??
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Literally everyone else knew this.
View Quote

They have optic produced in other countries, I was hoping for LOW but knew the likely answer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Jeebus............PA.

The cat is out of the bag, lets see some reticle pics already!
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 28
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top