Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:17:35 PM EDT
Well I have learned another valuable less when shopping at gun shows.  Pay very close attention to what your are buying, and make sure what you buy is what you expect it to be.  I recently was at a machine gun shoot and bought what I thought was a YHM Phantom 5C2 for my AR and I just recently got my DD 16" mid-length barrel and when I went to put it on it would not thread on.  After measuring the flash hider the threads are not 1/2".  So I now have a useless flash hider and I wasted $30.00

-dbnorton
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Posted in wrong section please move to AR Discussion.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Happened to me before.  I got a 6.8spc FH instead of the 5.56.  Just contact the dealer, they will trade it out I'm sure.  Don't be so blue.  LOL
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is the size you have?  If you can figure that out you may be able to trade it for what you need.

The threads are smaller then 1/2", so I am not sure what its for.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I doubt it is smaller.  My guess is that it might be 1/2 x 36 which is a finer thread then the normal 1/2 x 28 on most ARs so it would not thread.  The 1/2 x 36 is normal on most 9mm uppers.  Anyways, to fix this you will need to figure out the size and then you should be able to trade it.

http://www.yhm.net/store/muzzle.html

I contacted YHM today and they said for me to ship it to them and they will see what they can do.  So I might just put it in the mail tomorrow and let them look at it.  The worst thing that can happen is they send me a new one that will fit my AR
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Can you just count the threads per inch to see what you have?

Crap, sorry about that. Didn't read down far enough to see that YHM told you to send it in. Duh. My bad. Hope they take care of you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I was looking at one of those, were you at Knob Creek? Was it in a bin full of phantoms? glad i decided to wait i guess, I dont want to add anymore leghth to my barrel either. hmm 14.5 with a pinned phantom sound good, I guess
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was looking at one of those, were you at Knob Creek? Was it in a bin full of phantoms? glad i decided to wait i guess, I dont want to add anymore leghth to my barrel either. hmm 14.5 with a pinned phantom sound good, I guess

I did get it at Knob Creek, and I specifically asked if it was for an AR15 and he said yes, but I guess he forgot to mention it was for a 9mm AR15.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did get it at Knob Creek, and I specifically asked if it was for an AR15 and he said yes, but I guess he forgot to mention it was for a 9mm AR15.

"for ar 15" is extremely vague. next time ask what caliber or thread.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#11]
If your stuck with it, just re-thread or sleeve it. Let me know if I can help you with it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
phantom flash hiders cheap at brightflashlights.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
phantom flash hiders cheap at brightflashlights.

I just bought one there,had it in 2 days!Great deals,and in stock too...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"for ar 15" is extremely vague. next time ask what caliber or thread.

Yes. Sometimes sellers assume a buyer knows what he's doing. Nobody likes to be a wise guy and question a buyer's knowledge. Ask, ask, ask. Shows are usually boring for sellers and they like nothing more than being asked to expound on their knowledge.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If your stuck with it, just re-thread or sleeve it. Let me know if I can help you with it.

I contacted YHM and they told me to send it to them and they will see what its for, so I will wait and see what they say.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top