Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 3:28:31 AM EDT
Real Colt Semiauto M4s less than a grand...putting a supressor on mine. Its gonna happen! You got your money ready??
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
While I certainly hope you're right, my own take is that if it's not replaced by an even tougher law before the expiration, it will be. the first time some anal pore uses an AR or AK, or even an SKS, in a well publicized shooting.

Boy, do I hope i'm wrong[;D]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
While I certainly hope you're right, my own take is that if it's not replaced by an even tougher law before the expiration, it will be. the first time some anal pore uses an AR or AK, or even an SKS, in a well publicized shooting.

Boy, do I hope i'm wrong[;D]
View Quote

You are probably right...sadly.

But still, maybe we could thumbtack a "countdown" string that counts down to the sunset date. Or would that be bad luck.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I like to be optomistic like the next guy.... but I see a new law comming out that deals with all the "loop holes" that the gun grabbers see in the present law.

9.11.01 is a factor here that I dont think many people see as a direct influence with this AWB running out. With all those terr. sleeper cells out there and the borders as porous as they are (STILL)
 I think 9.11.01 could be a double edged sword.  It will either make them rant on and on about how "We shouldnt make these weapons available to every home-grown terr out there!"
 Or, they will see it as a stupid move since 9.11.01 to take away a free Americans second amendment right to protect his family and property from raving mad.... wait a minute.... we are talking about politicians here....Forget it! What the hell was I thinking there! Everyone knows we have the police to protect us! There is NO need for these eeeeeeevil ....things!
 Tougher restrictions are sure to come with a Brady Bill 2.  After all... we are talking about politicians here and common sense is as common as hens teeth in Washington DC.

BUT! You never know....

Lets pray that we see a end to this worthless law...

(crosses fingers)

Tim
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Real Colt Semiauto M4s less than a grand...putting a supressor on mine. Its gonna happen! You got your money ready??
View Quote

I'm optomistic....w00t!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
 I'm from New York, we have an AW ban that is codified in law, no sunset.  To all of you in a truly free state, I bow before you.  [bow]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]
When the AWB goes away id personally like to see HK get there heads outta there asses and make the Hk91,93,94's again also a G36 clone would be nice..Oh yeah and factory High cap pistol mags that don't cost 130$ and a SIG 550,552 would be nice and.....................
Edit because i forgot!...[size=2]AUG's for everyone![/size=2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Blastech...

View Quote

Guys... my advice would be to NOT leave it up to divine intervention.  Anything worth achieving is worth WORKING for!!!

Thus, I give you...

[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=203989]The Essential "End the AW Ban" Contact List & Sample Letter Thread[/url]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Blastech...

View Quote

Guys... my advice would be to NOT leave it up to divine intervention.  Anything worth achieving is worth WORKING for!!!

View Quote

true!!  i've already wrote every congressman that I could write (i know, some of you think that thats not the way to do anything nowadays, but, hey what else are you gonna do?).. And I got three letter back!!!

and guess what... all three were anti-AWB!! but maybe thats why they are the only ones who wrote me...

let me go over to awbansunset.com and then I'll redo my post over here to tell you who they were who wrote me back.  

the most recent, which I just got the day before yesterday, was Bill Frist.

edited to add:

ok George Allen of Virginia is anti-AWB and so is Joe Barton.  I got letters from these two and Bill First; and these letters are all posted on awbansunset.com (except for Bill Frist's which I will type out in the next couple of days)  

do your part!!!!  If you really want thoes AW features (as well as your 2nd amendment rights) then do something other than praying...  although praying is always good too, don't get me wrong...[;)]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#9]
If you don't start doing more than praying and crossing fingers then it will be nobody's fault but your own when the ban is renewed or made tougher.  For those of you that don't write get off your lazy negative outlook asses write a few letters and keep sending them once a month for the next twelve months.  I sure hope it sunsets and nothing replaces it but if by chance it is renewed or replaced with something worse then I'm going to make it my personal mission to find all those AR owners who didn't write or do anything and take their AR's and shove them up their fucking asses.  If you don't write or call then you don't deserve to own any of the weapons in question.  In fact you are the enemy.  Fucking do something.  For those of you that have written keep doing so.  It's not over unless we let it be over.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
 I'm from New York, we have an AW ban that is codified in law, no sunset.  To all of you in a truly free state, I bow before you.  [bow]
View Quote

Hell man, don't bow---MOVE!

If your screen name indicates your line of work, I promise you, you can get a job in metro Atlanta.  No you may not make as much as up there, but your cost of living won't be nearly so high either.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]
The antigun liberal commie assholes will not let it sunset .
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#12]
ATLGA

YEAH BABY!!  i am with you!!!  cant wait to put some threads and a vortex on my bushy 16" and then.... SUPPRESSOR!!!  cant wait till that 223 sounds like a 22  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Ummmmm.... I have done alot of writing.  "Lets just pray to God...." was just a expression. After all.... we need all the help we can get right about now. So I hope you all didnt jump on me because I was misinterpreted as a do nothing bum.

I think I sent enought emails and letters to piss someone off. Now Im not a conspiracy freak or anything but I have had wierd problems with the IRS since I started being so vocal to Charles Schumer and the rest of the gun grabbers.

TimH.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I plan on having 3-4 ar15 lowers that will become rifles when the ban sunsets!! if not they will all become SPR's since I already have a preban.
      FREE
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#15]
361 days, 3 hours, 28 min. left!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I too eagerly await the sunset of this absurd piece of legislation.  

Of course I would love to see it gone for good but even if it goes away for only one day every single rifle out there effectively becomes the same as preban. :)  

This is why I sold my preban for three times its actual mechanical value.  I hope I don’t kick myself later.  I replaced it with a brand new Bushy w/the new skeleton stock and it functions much better than the cast lower preban it replaced.  I also had enough change left over for my USP .45  “Had my preban not been a cast unit I would have probably held on and then kicked myself next year too”.  It’s all a crap shoot anyway I guess.  Still you can’t go wrong with a new Bushy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#17]
This is OUR fight to win we can not just sit back and pray or do nothing.  We have to take action.

Besides writing letters yourself get other people involved as well.  We have to spread the word.

Join and donate to the NRA they are a huge organization and have a lot of pull.  Just make sure you write and tell them you expect them to do everything possible to get rid of the AWB and if they don't, hurt them where it counts - their pocketbook!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top