Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 12:39:26 PM EDT
 Ok a Newbie Question....  Can this be made off the same lower and receiver as the .223?? I have been looking for cartidge deminsions but no luck. I would love to build one of these. Or do you think the AR Manufacturers will make some soon?
Les Baer Custom is proud to introduce the very first AR style rifles chambered for the hot new .204 Ruger cartridge.
The astonishing new .204 Ruger is a blazing fast screamer with the 32 grain bullet measured in our 24” barrels at 4250 F.P.S.! Together with its inherent accuracy…and the uncanny accuracy of our own AR rifles… that extremely high velocity makes the .204 Ruger a fantastic choice for varmint hunting, particularly at ranges under 500 yards.
The new .204 Ruger will be offered as an optional caliber in our Ultimate AR .223 Super Varmint model and Super Match model. Both models will come equipped with our own LBC Bench Rest 416-R series stainless steel barrels in either 24” or 26” length. Our barrels feature precision cut rifling using our own bore diameter, lands and grooves and very special chambering. Like all Les Baer Ultimate AR .223 rifles, our .204 Ruger models will come with our five-shot accuracy guarantee of 1/2 MOA or less.
$2300 oooocchh!!!
 http://www.lesbaer.com/ar223.html
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not qualified to answer your technical questions, but I did read an article on that gun and its a freak'in tack driver !!! For that kind of cash though I think I might opt for a custom built M1A, but thats just me !!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea they are building them on standard AR uppers and lowers and using standard mags.  The 204 ruger is basiclly a 20-222 remington magnum so the case is longer than a .223 but being a 20 v a 22 I guess they can get away with it.  I've been wondering about the OAL in the mags of the 204 ruger myself.  I saw a page where this HP shooter were taking steel 20 round mags and if you look at the front of the mags he was cutting out a section of the mag ~2/3rds the with of the front of the mag just to the point that you couldn't tell the mag was cut if it was inserted into the lower reciever.  This basiclly gave you ~ .070" more room for your OAL and made the mag an 8 rounder IIRC.  I need to find that guys site again lots of good info.  This probably isn't needed for the 204 but it's just stuck in my head and comes to mind when I start thinking of OAL in an AR.

You can get 204 ruger barrels and or uppers from:

ar15barrels custom barrel or a full upper

WOA

Tromix
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:34:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Case dimensions

I just wish I could achieve Hornadys ballistics reloading for it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Kirk's rifle is a looker for sure !!! I would not mind having one of those myself...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:32:26 AM EDT
[#6]
 Okay then..... I guess I will be getting a new barrel... Thanks Randall and I will be in contact with you soon. Those lil cute PD's wont have a chance now.....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top