Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 11:21:51 AM EDT
The Les Baer custom IPSC model with integral compensator looks awsome!!  I want one.  Anyone have one or fired one???
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything made by Les Baer is going to be first class. Integral comps aren't unheard of, J&T sales makes them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw one at my local gun shop for only ~$2000. I think it was used but it looked like it was in new condition. Too bad I don't have that kind of money :p
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I am going to buy a Les Baer in about a year, and I was deciding on the super varmint or the IPSC model. I wanted a compensater for function and looks, but I have heard that they make it extremely difficult to clean the crown of the gun. Maybe the integrated one on the Les Baer is not the same since the crown is still located at the same place.

Anyone have any pros and cons about compensators? I know they are loud. How much do they help with recoil and follow up shots?

Also if they are any Les Baer owners out there PLEASE post any comments about your Les Baer ARs. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a super varmint 24in. no brake and I am more than satisfied with it. Possibly  an  18 or 20in with a break might help with seeing hits, but the noise to me is too much to put up with.I also have rifles with intergral brakes and it does take a little more work to clean. A long soak and a small bore brush does the trick.Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember the Wilson Combat AR's. I own one and so dose my buddy.

I say let the companys that make AR's make AR's, and the ones that make 1911's stay on that path.

My Wilson Combat M4 upper will be hitting the EQ exchange board sometime next month.

KZ
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Les Baer makes some good looking AR's.

As far as MB's go, they make all the difference in the world when shooting at speed.  Most of the local CQB/Tactical shooters are using the Bushmaster Mini-Y comp.  It's absolutely the loudest brake I've heard, but it's also the most effective.  If your not going to compete with the MB, then I'd recommend against it; most people get tired of the noise/blast when it isn't benefitting them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top