Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/1/2004 2:07:39 PM EST
are the Les Baer ar-15's ruggedly built or are they more focussed on accuracy than ruggedness?

I saw some of their matching pairs of receivers and am thinking of buying them so I can build me an ar-15 that doesn't rattle so damn much. Plus I just want a flattop ar-15 overall anyhow, so I've decided that les baer might be a best buy. any info?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:11:03 PM EST
Baer AR's are like Baer pistols...rugged, well built, AND accurate. You can have both, ya know.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:26:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By M4Guru:
Baer AR's are like Baer pistols...rugged, well built, AND accurate. You can have both, ya know.

you left out ...expensive

great rifle but how much more accurate?
How much nicer?

$1,500 premium?

you decide
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:37:50 PM EST
Duly noted...

EXPENSIVE AS HELL!

The AR's have more of a premium than the pistols. A Baer 1911 is twice the gun a Wilson is, for the same price. The Baer AR is twice the rifle a good Bushy V-Match is, at 3 times the price. if I were rich, i'd do it. If I weren't, I wouldn't go in debt or pinch pennies for a Baer, I'd just go buy a varminter with good glass on it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:43:52 PM EST
If you're going to spend that much money on an AR15, you should buy it from MSTN.

-z
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:55:39 PM EST
I'd rather have a bad-ass SPR than the Baer. Baers are very nice, but the SPR is just about perfect!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:52:11 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:03:36 AM EST
I just got a thunder ranch- and i just dont see how anyone can say anything negitive about a BAER , this gun is so well built its in a league of its own. Yes they are expensive, but if you can afford one you wont be anything but happy maybe even proud. and as for accurate- its unreal. 16inch flutted barrel 1/2 inch group at 100 yards. Whats not to like. i have only had it a week and i just cant say enough good about it. finest ar on the block
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:13:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By LAR15:
I just got a thunder ranch- and i just dont see how anyone can say anything negitive about a BAER , this gun is so well built its in a league of its own. Yes they are expensive, but if you can afford one you wont be anything but happy maybe even proud. and as for accurate- its unreal. 16inch flutted barrel 1/2 inch group at 100 yards. Whats not to like. i have only had it a week and i just cant say enough good about it. finest ar on the block

I wish I had one and in fact after the ban lifts, I may
I bought a Colt 6920 LE M4 which sits at my FFL right now so I will have that checked off my "must have" list.

The next "must have" is a SPR model that I believe Les Baer could make, or does already make. I will want the design to be free of any restrictions that the current AWB may represent.

Congratulations on your new LB ThunderRanch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:17:48 AM EST
Way overpriced and no chrome in the bore and chamber. My Bushies shoot around 1MOA and that is plenty for my. I'd rather have a Bushmaster or Colt over a Baer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:26:12 AM EST
Baers are nice (really like their T-Shirts) my varminter with good glass I have manage several
1/2 MOA group with cheap 45g win varmint ammo.

if you have the bucks go for it, if not buy a bushy and have money left over for ammo
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:32:34 AM EST
+1 on more models after the ban. these guys are only gonna get better with experience.
Top Top