Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2010 8:33:27 PM EDT
Are they any good? Anything better for the money? I like the sound of a leopuld for $289
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Which Mark AR?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't remember exactly which one but it was the one that was a 1.5-4x power.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 3-9X40 Mark AR and like it very much.  The glass is as clear & clean as you would expect from a Leupold.  I will be buying more for some of my other ARs.  100%

Edited to add.  You do not need a coin or screwdriver to set the elevation or windage on the Mark AR, just turn the turruts by hand.  I bought mine for $289 & its a great deal for a quality scope.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
If it isn't a Mark 2 or 4, then it won't have the target turrets.  You would probably need a coin or a screw driver to adjust the height and windage.  $289 sounds very cheap for a Leupold.  If it is a Mark 2 or Mark 4 for that price, I would think it was a fake.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]

here are the turrets on my Mark AR

" target="_blank">
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got the Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x20 and it is a great value.  Glass is clear but it ain't no Mark 4(mine is just a back up for a rifle that has an Aimpoint/Magnifier on it).  It has screw caps that go over the finger adjustable windage and elevation knobs, no screwdriver or coin needed.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If it isn't a Mark 2 or 4, then it won't have the target turrets.  You would probably need a coin or a screw driver to adjust the height and windage.  $289 sounds very cheap for a Leupold.  If it is a Mark 2 or Mark 4 for that price, I would think it was a fake.

If you don't know anything about the topic don't share your opinion.

The Leupold Mark AR is a great scope. It comes Windage Turret and a "Bullet Drop Compensating" Elevation Turret for 55gr .233 Trajectory, they do sell separate turrets for different .223 loads. I have a 3x9 Mill mounted on a 24" Bull and it is everything that I expected, that is because it is great and that is what all the reviews said when I was contemplating buying one.

Pros:
Very Clear
Turrets (Windage is 1/4 MOA per click and Elevation has Distance and Mills listed) + audible clicks
Value

Cons
No Parallax
No Fixed power for Mill-dot Reticle

Its a great scope but If you want a $300 uber tactical long distance scope get Super Sniper. In the end it is a well priced watered down Mark 2.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked through a 1.5 to 4 yesterday at the local gun store.  Looked like very good quality for the price.  I am going to be buying a 3 to 9 for my 18".
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
It comes Windage Turret and a "Bullet Drop Compensating" Elevation Turret

The OP was asking about the 1.5-4 power AR scope which does not have BDC.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It comes Windage Turret and a "Bullet Drop Compensating" Elevation Turret

The OP was asking about the 1.5-4 power AR scope which does not have BDC.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've got the Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x20 and it is a great value.  Glass is clear but it ain't no Mark 4(mine is just a back up for a rifle that has an Aimpoint/Magnifier on it).  It has screw caps that go over the finger adjustable windage and elevation knobs, no screwdriver or coin needed.
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/slipjett/NovLeupy011.jpg

I'm thinking of going with the same set up.  As is, will a standard front site interrupt the view of that?

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#12]
It still baffles me as to why they didn't illuminate these. I won't buy a non-illuminated scope for an AR. They must not be paying attention to the AR market that they were aiming at. I would have 3 of these by now, but instead I have 0.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It still baffles me as to why they didn't illuminate these. I won't buy a non-illuminated scope for an AR. They must not be paying attention to the AR market that they were aiming at. I would have 3 of these by now, but instead I have 0.

Hmmm...cost?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top