Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/18/2004 9:31:57 AM EST
Sorry if this has been answered before. I ordered a pre ban 14.5" M4 upper a couple of days before the AWB expired from BM without giving much thought to the barrel length. Is the 14.5" barrel now legal?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:32:46 AM EST
If you pay big brother $200 and fill out a Form 1 it is. Otherwise you'll need to solder a long enough FS.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:33:01 AM EST
Only legal if its a registered SBR, machinegun or you permanetly attached a FS that'll bring the barrel out to 16" or longer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:34:05 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:44:52 AM EST
no

14.5 in bbl MUST have a a FH or MB PERMANTANTLY attached to make the bbl a legal 16in; ANY gun bbl less than 16in mush be regesterd as an SBR
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:04:35 AM EST
Thanks for the info. I just took the FS off of my new upper. It threaded off easily. I also ordered a phantom FS from BM. I thought I had read a long time ago, about people perminently attaching Muzzle Brakes w/ loctite. Would a product like JB weld or something similar be acceptable for attaching the new FS when it comes in?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:29:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By viant3:
Thanks for the info. I just took the FS off of my new upper. It threaded off easily. I also ordered a phantom FS from BM. I thought I had read a long time ago, about people perminently attaching Muzzle Brakes w/ loctite. Would a product like JB weld or something similar be acceptable for attaching the new FS when it comes in?

No
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:54:09 PM EST
16" as it's been but you can get the long Phanotm FH.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:30:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By scottryan:

No

I don't see why JB weld wouldn't be acceptable. It's more permanent than soldering it on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:15:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By DaPhotoGuy:

Originally Posted By scottryan:

No

I don't see why JB weld wouldn't be acceptable. It's more permanent than soldering it on.

It all has to do with melting temperature. I believe JB Weld Quick melts at 300F and JB Weld Automotive/Industrial melts at 572F. The alphabet boys stipulate 1100F as required melting point of the solder.
Top Top