Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 10:15:57 PM EDT
Another nebie question...Ok I read this on the board (Articles - A Prospective AR-15 Owner/Builder’s Primer)

It states:

Post-Ban AR-15 rifles, by law, cannot have more than 2 of the following features:

1) detachable magazine

2) pistol grip

3) threaded barrel/flash hider

4) collapsible stock

5) bayonet lug

6) grenade launcher

Now does this mean that my RRA Entry is legal? It has a detachable magazine, pistol grip by Hogue, and a collapsible stock (6 position). Am I just reading this wrong? Is a "collapsible stock" the same same as the 6 position adjustable stock? I know I must be misunderstanding something because why would RRA sell an illegal rifle. I am sure I am just not clear. Forgive me.

this is my rifle:

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1251X&storeid=1&image=nbrentry.gif&CFID=6736607&CFTOKEN=39708468

Thanks again!

JP
DFW,TX
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
fed law expired 9/13/04
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
please send your rifle to me for proper disposal before you get in trouble

Quoted:
Another nebie question...Ok I read this on the board (Articles - A Prospective AR-15 Owner/Builder’s Primer)

It states:

Post-Ban AR-15 rifles, by law, cannot have more than 2 of the following features:

1) detachable magazine

2) pistol grip

3) threaded barrel/flash hider

4) collapsible stock

5) bayonet lug

6) grenade launcher

Now does this mean that my RRA Entry is legal? It has a detachable magazine, pistol grip by Hogue, and a collapsible stock (6 position). Am I just reading this wrong? Is a "collapsible stock" the same same as the 6 position adjustable stock? I know I must be misunderstanding something because why would RRA sell an illegal rifle. I am sure I am just not clear. Forgive me.

this is my rifle:

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1251X&storeid=1&image=nbrentry.gif&CFID=6736607&CFTOKEN=39708468

Thanks again!

JP
DFW,TX

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
heehee....well....I am gonna keep it but thanks.

Seriously...sorry to have sounded stupid. I know about the expiration in regards to handguns but not ARs. This will be my first one.

JP
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:31:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
heehee....well....I am gonna keep it but thanks.

Seriously...sorry to have sounded stupid. I know about the expiration in regards to handguns but not ARs. This will be my first one.

JP

That was the Assault Weapons Ban. It expired 9/13/04. Anything goes; except in states with their own AWB, which lucky for you, you don't live in.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top