Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2005 2:10:21 PM EDT
Hi. I am left handed. I need a compititon rifle with an 20 or 24 inch barrel. I know about stag arms.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know squat about competition, but ARs are southpaw friendly as is, going overboard on your rifle might disqualify it and You'll have a hell of a time getting $ back should you sell.

If you want to get crazy throw on an ambi safety and an ambi mag release. The brass deflector on the upper will do the rest for you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't know squat about competition, but ARs are southpaw friendly as is, going overboard on your rifle might disqualify it and You'll have a hell of a time getting $ back should you sell.

If you want to get crazy throw on an ambi safety and an ambi mag release. The brass deflector on the upper will do the rest for you.

Brass deflector will make you money over the left handed in a round-about way.  You can always sell a normal upper to anyone (including LH) but with a southpaw you might have trouble getting rid of it, hence losing money.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm left handed. The AR as is doesn't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Don’t compromise….buy a fully left-handed rifle.

DPMS also offers a Southpaw version.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]
A left handed AR can not be used as a "Service Rifle" in NRA matches.  Left handed AR's are not standard issue which makes it ineligable for Service Rifle competition.  An ambidextrious safety also makes your rifle ineligable for "Service Rifle" matches.

You may have a left handed AR with or with out an amibidextrious safety and shoot it in the "Match Rifle" class though.  Nothing wrong with that.

As a fellow left handed shooter I have no problems shooting with "right handed" AR's.  And I also shoot competition and have not noticed my performace hampered shooting a right handed AR.

If your looking to shoot "SERVICE RIFLE" it has to be a standard issued rifle on the outward apperance but the trigger/hammer, barrel,  bolt/bolt carrier, and sights can be custom.  They just made the A4 20" an acceptable rifle for Service Rifle competition because the military has started to issue that configuration as a standard rifle.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top