Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:04:17 PM EDT
I read on another site that all someone needs to do to make a left handed safety lever is to remove the lever (of course removing the selector detent and detent spring) and installing it from the right side of the receiver.  Is this true?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
No.

The detent channel on the safety is only machined on one side. If you flip it to the other side, the detent will be useless.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Or put a matching detent channel "trough and holes" on the opposite side of the selector.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:43:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys.  It's been a while since I tore down an AR but I suspected this was not right.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#5]
What you are trying to do will not work.

For a lefty, I might suggest that you take a look at the new adjustable reversable safety that JP Enterprises has out now.  link here!  

I installed one a couple of weeks ago.  It is a quality piece and has a good feel to it.  However, I'm not a lefty and have not researched what a lefty or ambi selector would cost as an alternative.  So the price may or may not be a little high.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
You might want to send an IM to Tweak and ask where his GF got her left handed selector.

ETA:  She has an account, 9milie I think, but I haven't seen her post here in a long time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Take a look at this D&L Sports, Inc. right hand and left hand tactical safety/ selector switch.

D&L Sports left and right hand safety selector link
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top