Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 5:50:19 PM EDT
Is it ok?  The instructions say something about not leaving them in for a long period of time.   How can this be?  It's a friggin battle sight!  My Aimpoint doesn't warn against this.  IIRC, saw a post here that  somebodys Eotech was ruined by leaking batteries.  What's the story?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:54:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigkracka:
Is it ok?  The instructions say something about not leaving them in for a long period of time.   How can this be?  It's a friggin battle sight!  My Aimpoint doesn't warn against this.  IIRC, saw a post here that  somebodys Eotech was ruined by leaking batteries.  What's the story?

that was me, and it wasn't ruined, just needed a good cleaning.

of course I won't have the problem again. mine wil stay out now

Chris
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:16:34 PM EDT
Good to hear your sight is ok.  Did you talk to Eotech?  What did they say?  I wonder if they would fix it for free if it was out of warranty?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:36:10 PM EDT

Good to hear your sight is ok.  Did you talk to Eotech?  What did they say?  I wonder if they would fix it for free if it was out of warranty?

I didn't contact them. I was going to , but got it up and running. easy to take out the grommets and cross connector to fix. looks like themain unit is sealed pretty well against leaks.raised base, etc. which channeled the leak down the sides. only the battery compartment itself seemed to have been affected.

hope that helps

Chris

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:50:02 PM EDT

that was me, and it wasn't ruined, just needed a good cleaning.

AA or N model?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:52:47 PM EDT
every electronics manufacturer says to remove batteries if you not going to use it for a extended period of time. Probably like six months to a year. I usually kill the batteries within 6 months playing with it
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:32:58 PM EDT
AA

Chris
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:11:04 PM EDT

Even if it was still under warranty I doubt they would fix it for free. It wasn't a fault in the EoTech it was a battery issue.  Alkaline batteries can leak in any electronic device that uses them. It usually happens with very old batteries or ones that have been exposed to very high or low temperatures. If you read the original thread started by virginia22 you will see that in a pinch for batteries he used generic AA batteries that had been in a flashlight stored in a car for an unknown length of time. You can avoid the problem by always using fresh batteries and never leaving them in the device when it will not be used for an extended period of time. If you use it often enough, therefore periodically changing the batteries when they go dead you will almost never have a problem. Or as others in the thread stated you can use lithium AAs. They claim they never leak. I personally have limited experience with lithiums so I can not attest to that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:33:05 AM EDT
I keep Lithiums in my EOTech.

When I go to class or the range I pull out the expensive lithiums and either use Energizer Alkalines or Energizer NiMH (If I remember to bring them).
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:39:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:

When I go to class or the range I pull out the expensive lithiums and either use Energizer Alkalines or Energizer NiMH (If I remember to bring them).

that's what nailed me.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:21:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By virginia22:

Originally Posted By Forest:

that's what nailed me.

Chris

Heh - I always keep a spare pair of Alkalines in the range box (AAs for the EOTech and AAAs for the Tac6's).

Occasionally I will forget the NiHMs - I do keep a set of them charging in my 'Armory'
Top Top