Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 8:57:19 AM EDT
Leapers 4X20 Tactical Scope, Are they ok, I will be mounting it on a A2 20" HB. Mostly for plinking and targets.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to check the optics section, though they seem to only recommend relatively expensive scopes. (like 10x what the leapers cost)
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The few items (rings and base) that I bought that were "Leapers" brand were total crap.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
They have the look but not the quality of the old Colt scopes.
I have one and I just can't seem to get the eye relief adjusted so as not to get a headache after only a few minutes of trying to look through it.  I've never had a problem like it before, even with other cheap scopes such as Simmons or BSA's.

I don't subscribe to the "if its not $500, its crap" philosophy either, but I wouldn't buy another of these.

My $.02
Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
These scope can be had for about $30 and that's exactly what you can expect from a $30 scope.  You'll be better off just using the A2 iron sights and spend the money on ammo for practice.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I just sent one back to tapco after receiving it. Mounted it on the handle and noticed that the top turret was at 11:00 and so was the cross hairs. Got a real Colt for the handle Much happier now.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top