Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 4:03:23 PM EDT
I have a problem with my new AR-15

Whenever i get down to the last shot, the round halfway leaves the magazine and seems to get caught. The bolt gets caught on the part that is still in the magazine. The only way to unjam it is to pull back the charging handle and then lock the bolt back and drop the magazine. This happens no matter if i am firing the gun and come to the last round or if i put one round in the magazine and cock it back. The gun is pretty much new with only 150 rounds or so fired through it. Let me know if anyone has ever heard of this problem.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:33:01 PM EDT
What mags are you using in the rifle (read should be new 30 round USGI, and not a knock off or questinable ten rounder). If nothing else, buy a New usgi mag from the EE (button top in the quick links above) and try the rifle with a know working type mag.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:39:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:53:35 AM EDT
I'm using new Bushmaster mags.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:31:24 PM EDT
Go with the Jedi Masters advices and check for short stroke, Hence the bolt locking back on the empty mag after the single mag loaded round has been fired.

If the gun is short stroking, and it's a Bushy, we will Jedi mind-trick you into checking the key allen screws to make sure they are tight (37 in lbs), and into dawning the cologne of choice; CLP to clean and lube the rifle.
Top Top