Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 6:01:16 PM EST
I'll be mounting a Leupold Mark4 1.5x-5x scope on my AR. I have Vltor CASV handguards and a fixed front sight. I was wondering those who have experience with Larue mounts which mount you recommend considering the CASV raises the flat top Approx. 1/2inch. I just don't want any issues of seeing front sight post.

LT-104, LT-158 or LT-135 ?

TIA
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:11:11 PM EST
While I don't own the CASV handguard, I own a LaRue SPR-E mount with a Trijicon TR-21R. That is a 1.25-4 scope. I have it mounted on a flat top rifle with 20" barrel, and standard front sight base.

When I have the scope set at the 1.25 setting, I can see the FSB ghosting in the glass. However, as soon as I dial the scope up to 2 or higher, it is no longer a problem.

Hope this helps. YMMV
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:23:29 PM EST
thanks for the reply, is the front sight obsecuring alot when viewed @1.25x ? I'm aware many people with fixed front sight use a riser sometimes to avoid this, I'm hoping my handguards already fixed this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:27:24 PM EST
I only have experience with my Leupold VX-II 1-4 in the SPR mount on a standard flat top. At 4x the front sight is just a blur at the bottom. On 1x it is bothersome.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:16:55 PM EST
anyone else ? i can't wait to order
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:21:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By USMC0811:
thanks for the reply, is the front sight obsecuring alot when viewed @1.25x ? I'm aware many people with fixed front sight use a riser sometimes to avoid this, I'm hoping my handguards already fixed this.

not obscured, I can still use the scope, but there is a "ghost" of the FSB in the field of view....you can tell it's the front sight. I do not use a riser and generally leave the scope set at 2 or higher... I have an EO Tech for true 1x shooting (also on a LaRue mount)
Top Top