Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/26/2003 2:29:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/26/2003 2:29:59 AM EDT by Demordrah]
Any of you folks used one of these? It's a featured item over at Natchez Shooter's Supply: Laserlyte laser bore sighter

At only $44.95, it's an attractive price ... but I'm wondering if the thing is crap or not.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:52:03 AM EDT
I work at a shop/range on the weekends, and have used the laser boresight many times, both on scoped guns and iron sights. It does a good job with both. Scoped guns of course require a bit more tuning, depending on what range the customer wants it sighted for. Then it is usually only a matter of a few vertical clicks. But overall, it is best for when first mounting a scope, or adjusting sights that are off. I used it when installing flip ups ights on my bushmaster, and the laser made quick easy work of getting them sighted. After laser sighting and test firing, I had to make one click left of windage, and it was spot on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:10:36 AM EDT
I wonder how well a laser bore sighter would work with an EO Tech Holosight? It seems since the reticule moves when you move your eyes, it might not work at all. I'd love to be wrong about this so if I am, please say so. I'm got EO Techs on 2 of my rifles now and will probably have one on a shotgun soon so anything to speed up the zeroing process would be a big help.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:12:17 AM EDT
Hi, I bought one of these. Firstly, it seems to work well, but with a few caveats. Don't wait to use it if you are at the range. It isn't bright enough to see in the bright daylight. Perhaps if it were on the right target, but I find using it at night works really well. Secondly, if you have an M4 style barrel with a 5" flashhider the switch on the unit prevents it from sliding in the barrel. And remember it only goes to something like a 50 cal so it wouldn't really work for a shotgun. Good luck, its a lot of fun when you get one.
Top Top