Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 4:52:25 PM EDT
OK, I am new to this topic as I have only shot the AR in highpower competition. Well, I like to have fun too so I bought a RRA Entry Tactical (pg. 6 of their latest catalog) it has the detachable tactial carry handle and R-4 barrel profile. My question would be this. Can I put a Laser or red dot sight on this rifle without interference of the front and rear sights. Also, I am not a big spender but I like good stuff and would like to know what works good out to 100 yards and the mounting of it on this rifle. Anyone else have this rifle and what do you think of it? I got mine with green furnature. This looks like a bad ass impact wrecker!
Thanks in advance of any suggestions.

Wrangler
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure you can.

Figure out what you want to do with your rifle, first. Second, figure out how much money you want to spend.  That will guide you towards particular lasers.  Most likely, you will need a rail of some sort to mount it on.  Anything from a single, plastic rail section that mounts to your hanguard to a free float handguard, front sight or barrel mount or anything in between, will do it.

There are a few lasers that are configured to ride on top of the barrel, behind the sight, but many people don't put the laser there anyway.  The way the light activates will guide you to where it needs to sit on the rifle.  Also, if you have a flashlight, fore grip or other whiz-bang stuff will guide or limit your placement.

If you are talking visible lasers, nothing is going to work out to 100 yards in direct sunlight.   If you get a quality unit, they will work well on cloudy days, evening and in darkness, but not direct sunlight.

Figure out what you want to accomplish, look around a lot (because there are a lot of configurations to choose from),  and bust out the check book.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You want a red dot not a laser.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You want a red dot not a laser.

+1. Since you like the dot, check out th aimpoint.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top