Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2003 4:50:29 AM EDT
For any number of reasons, I can't get to a range for some time and need to get something closely approximating a good battle zero on a couple of firearms. From experience I know that my standard boresighter will get me on paper and that is about all. I saw the Site-Lite SL-100 and the LaserLyte at SG and would like any comments as to whether either or both are worth buying within the context outlined above.
TIA
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one (SL-100). It is good for plain muzzle end. If you have any brake or FS installed, it may not be accurate because the muzzle end and brake/FS may be off-centered a bit. There is another bore sight which I think is better. It emitts laser beam from beach end (not from the muzzle).
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:18:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Wengv..
Many thanks for the reply. The one you refer to may have been the Beamshot. Fits in the chamber. Hopefully someone have some opinions on it as well.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]
SR
Many thanks. Is Beamshot the one in your shop or is it one of the others? The Site-Lite and LaserLyte both claim about 4 MOA in their promo blurbs. Naturally, no incidence of puffery could possibly occur in the company literature.
Guffaw!
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT
Anyone else?
I will definitely eeny, meeny miny, moe on this one, I suppose; but, like most at ARFCOM, already have a box of useless crap they wish they had not bought.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top