Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 6:42:35 PM EDT
Queston on sighting in a laser, i.e on a AR15, if the laser sits above or below the barrel
around 1 inch, do you sight it in on the target dead on or the one inch above or below in referance to the laser. I sighted mine in at 25-30 yards and noticed looking through the iron sights
it was off alot at 100 yards I know there is a certain point where they will intersect and grow
farther apart, but how do most of you all sight yours in?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I currently do not have a laser.  But, got an OTAL from Laser Devices coming to me.  When I get it on the rifle I plan to run the beam parallel to the bore.  It would be used for CQB only.  I would use the irons for targetsat further distances.

Depending on what type of laser you have, you may be able to adjust elevation on it so the dot is on target at different distances.  Just like the "clicks" on your irons work.  If you iron sight your rifle in at 25m you obviously have to adjust for targets at 200m, right?

I'll bet if you were to sight your laser in at 50m, you would be able to consistantly hit man size targets between 25m and 200m without readjustment.  But...this is only my guess.

Personally I do not plan on using my laser for pinpoint accuracy.  Only for referance if things get to hairy to take the time to use my irons.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The army zeros match the offset left or right of the bore, and don't converge horizontally.  Vertically, it's better to have the laser above the bore than below, as the bullet can pass through the beam on the way up, and on the way down through the beam, and will be more precisely aimed at greater distances.   Wherever you put the laser, a 50m zero will probably work better than a 25m zero.

I have an otal, and I just aimed at a distant object (about 100m) with my aimpoint, and dialed the OTAL in until the dots were the same.  Done.

~Doug
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top