Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/17/2004 5:42:50 PM EST
Has anyone had any experience with their lights? I'm a Surefire junkie but I'm willing to stray if the product is good. While LDI lights don't have the Surefire's kewl factor, they are definitely cheaper though....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:49:12 AM EST
I'll let you know, I am expecting my Op9 to arrive any time now.
Will be mounting it to my Benelli Nova Tactical pump.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:03:51 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:04:37 PM EST
Madecov, what made you chose LDI? Price I presume? And please keep us posted on your impressions!
New-arguy, would you happen to know Hawkeye's email? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:53:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/18/2004 2:54:20 PM EST by C4iGrant]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:56:33 PM EST
Grant, can the LD lights be had with a pressure pad and push button on the same unit (I've seen SF with this configuration)? I'm asking b/c I would also like to get a LD laser and want to be able to manipulate both light and laser without having to change my grip. I am also thinking about using a foregrip so I was planning on having the laser pressure switch on the grip and maybe a thumb activated switch for the light. I have never used anything but pressure pads so this will be new to me. Are thumb switches comfortable and easily sustained under continuous fire? BTW I will most likely be mounting both on a Predator rail system for my M4.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:08:40 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:44:06 AM EST
Well, unfortunatly mine's out there in Limbo. It was shipped about 12 days ago by USPS priority and I still have not received it yet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:52:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By alou:
Grant, can the LD lights be had with a pressure pad and push button on the same unit (I've seen SF with this configuration)? I'm asking b/c I would also like to get a LD laser and want to be able to manipulate both light and laser without having to change my grip. I am also thinking about using a foregrip so I was planning on having the laser pressure switch on the grip and maybe a thumb activated switch for the light. I have never used anything but pressure pads so this will be new to me. Are thumb switches comfortable and easily sustained under continuous fire? BTW I will most likely be mounting both on a Predator rail system for my M4.

No, but they do have a presure pad and a toggle switch combo, I believe. A little diffeerent than what you are used to, but the effect is the same.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:49:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 6:50:54 PM EST by pinepig2]
Does anyone have photos of the LD pushbutton tailcap? Also, I'm interested in seeing the barrel mount for the OP series lights (if there is one). This would be for a carbine with M4 handgaurds, and I'd like to use a barrel mount under the FSB, similar to SF's Classic Weaponlight setup. Mounting on the handgaurd is not an option for me, as this carbine has to fit into a vehicle gun lock.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:16:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 3:17:44 AM EST by C4iGrant]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:27:59 PM EST
Thanks Grant
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:16:02 PM EST
I cant say about the LDI lights as I have all surefire lights but I own a LDI OTAL and feel it to be one of the best constructed lasers I have ever seen. I would not hesitate to buy anything they make. That being said, I love my surefire M961 and M951 and would not use any other light if had the choice.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:37:58 AM EST
I have one of the LDI lights (finally arrived) I'm very pleased with it. Price is very right also.
Mine's mounted on my duty shotgun ( we can't carry long guns ) .
Top Top