Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2006 9:34:20 PM EDT
Has anyone used the Larue offset light mount on their AR with the Surefire M900AB foregrip weaponlight? If so, please let me know how it worked out for you? Thinking about using one with my Gladius. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Has anyone used the Larue offset light mount on their AR with the Surefire M900AB foregrip weaponlight? If so, please let me know how it worked out for you? Thinking about using one with my Gladius. Thanks in advance.

Won't work with the M900AB. If you want to replace the factory mount that came with the M900AB you will want to get the LT 17 replacement mount.

The LT 606 or 607 will work with the Gladius, but you will need to get the correct ring size.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Wait you want to mount a Gladius AND M900 on the same rifle?  Can I ask why?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]

I've used the M900AB (the 2.5" bezel) in average size rooms, and there's entirely too much backwash, particularly with the 225 lumen lamp, at least in my opinion. Outside, however (rooftops,courtyards,etc), it has proven very effective in my experience. Right, wrong, or indifferent, I'm mounting a smaller light (the Gladius) for indoor use. Plus, the strobe effect really is quite disorienting (at least in my humble opinion/experience. Some will agree, some won't. It's just my preference.) It makes it a bit heavier, and adds a bit more bulk, but it's not really noticeable.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I've used the M900AB (the 2.5" bezel) in average size rooms, and there's entirely too much backwash, particularly with the 225 lumen lamp, at least in my opinion. Outside, however (rooftops,courtyards,etc), it has proven very effective in my experience. Right, wrong, or indifferent, I'm mounting a smaller light (the Gladius) for indoor use. Plus, the strobe effect really is quite disorienting (at least in my humble opinion/experience. Some will agree, some won't. It's just my preference.) It makes it a bit heavier, and adds a bit more bulk, but it's not really noticeable.

Just get an offset mount (like the LT or DD) and activate it with your thumb.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
You would be better employing a beamshaper tip off filter on the 900 than dualing up lights in this manner I believe.

If you wish to go dual light you might consider something smaller for indoors like an X200 B with the new M1913 rail switch.

Although the strobe effect is nice. It seems to be used more handheld and moving the light continuosly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:43:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You would be better employing a beamshaper tip off filter on the 900 than dualing up lights in this manner I believe.

If you wish to go dual light you might consider something smaller for indoors like an X200 B with the new M1913 rail switch.

Although the strobe effect is nice. It seems to be used more handheld and moving the light continuosly.

A good point; I honestly I hadn't thought of the beam shaper. However, I already have both lights, and have for quite some time, this is just the first time I've considered this particular setup. I might as well go ahead and give it a shot and see how it works for me, since I already have all but the mount. I used to have a Z2 and the M900 mounted, and that was fine for me. Either way, I'll probably just end up trying it with a standard ring mount. I'll be sure to post how it works out.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top