Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/21/2007 3:36:40 AM EST
Those that are familiar w/ this mount, I'm looking for something like it that doesn't cost $200.
Thanks for any advice.

I'd post a link but work puter won't allow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 7:30:40 PM EST
What's unreasonable about Larue Tactical? They are NOT cheap but they are worth the price for the quality. Unless you have a friend with a lot of CRC machinery and way to much time on his hands, you alternative is a Chinese knock off.

Larue recently provided me with the excellent follow-up customer service and even sent me a free set of 30mm rings to swap out the 1-inch rings in my SPR-1.5 (LT-104).

P.S. - I have no association with Larue Tactical besides purchasing and using their products.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 5:15:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2007 5:16:07 AM EST by Duffy]
LaRue is definitely not expensive considering the quality and service, their prices have stayed competitive with other manufacturers, and in the case of Aimpoints and mounts, better than many other vendors
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 5:31:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2007 5:33:59 AM EST by mpardun]
At the risk of being repetative...buy the LaRue and know you have the best!

No disrespect intended but - I have messed around with ARMS, GG&G, Samson and several (OEM's from Aimpoint and EOTech)...I have a shoe box filled with crap now, happy to sell you one.

Why by a cheap one and then not have a return to zero (ever), have the cast throw levers break off while in use? You might save $40 to $100 now, but you will never realize the tru benefit of any scope....from the Millet 1-4's right thjrough the higher end S&B's, Swaro's & Zeiss.

You will spend more than you think if you don't buy the LaRue first. Don't make the same mistake I did...save your money, spend slightly more today and never worry about it again!

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:57:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/23/2007 8:15:41 AM EST by steven1513]
as already stated, your best budget options are:
a used Larue SPR for ~$170 or
an armalite one piece for ~$50 used, ~$100 new

you can also get a cantilever scope riser that extends your mounting surface and use them with standard scope rings to get a total axis height of ~1.5". There are several companies that make them such as YHM and GGG. But this option adds screws, brackets and contact points that may introduce POA/POI shifts. And by the time you add quality rings the price is back up towards $200. Also be advised that some of these risers, such as the GS-1 below, require raising the rear iron sight also.
YHM-227A $33

GGG Scout $84 and GS-1 $90

Therefore the $50-$100 Armalite one-piece is argueably the best bang for the buck.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:18:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By mmike87:
I just forked out the cash for a LaRue SPR mount and a harris bipos adapter. They were pricey.

compared to what?

the ARMS #32 (QD Harris Bipod Adapter) is $98

the similar ARMS scope mount will run you about $170 for the track mounted rings and QD track mount base...

the ARMS items are pot metal "soft mounts" with MIM throw levers that can break...

i used to think my ARMS #22M68 (aimpoint mount) was awesome, until it started to loosen up and significantly change my POI...
Top Top