Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:32:19 PM EDT
Is there anyone who has these in stock?  How hard is it to remove the front sight on a RRA rifle to have this installed?  The 9" is what I need on a mid lenth gas system right?  Its going on the RRA Elite CAR A4.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Correct...Larue 9.0 on a midlength. I never tried to remove a FSB on an RRA though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Correct...Larue 9.0 on a midlength. I never tried to remove a FSB on an RRA though.

I guess I really dont plan on doing it myself.  I just want to make sure its possible in the first place.  Anyone know what a competent gunsmith charges to do this?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
it's really not that hard.  first time i did it, i just followed the instructions on this site.  you just need a few tools and a little mechanical ability.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:56:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I put a LaRue 9.0 on my CAR length system so the gas block would be covered.  I thought it looked cleaner.  Was very easy to take the sight tower off and replace with a LaRue Gas Block which I needed because nothing else would fit under it.  I like the LaRue HG's so much I put a 7.0 on my 7.5" SBR.  It is easy to do the work your self if you have the tools and only took me about 45 minutes to complete.  If you have a mid length system why not get a 12.0 and cover the gas block?

I have purchased all my LaRue items directly from LaRue.  The prices are the same as any of the dealers and you will know if the item is in stock when you talk to them.  Shipping is two to three days by Priority Mail and only $5 per order, and every order I have placed came with a bunch of freebees (2 LaRue Survival Tools and 2 Hats) with every order.

The 9.0 is obviously the one on the bottom,
MadDog
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I've wondered how easy it is to install a Larue gas block. How do you line it up properly and how do you secure it?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've wondered how easy it is to install a Larue gas block. How do you line it up properly and how do you secure it?

eyeballing basically.

but there is a dimple underneath the barrel below the gas port which lines up with the rear hole im most gas blocks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I really dont plan on doing it myself.  I just want to make sure its possible in the first place.  Anyone know what a competent gunsmith charges to do this?

The LaRue should fit the RRA midlength.

Try to get a quote for installation from ADCO, they usually have low prices and fast turnaround time.

I have a LaRue 9.0 which I installed myself using action block and FF handguard wrench.

Sometimes dealers in the Equipment Exchange boards have the LaRue and sometimes they don't.

Don't be surprised for some wait, I waited four weeks for mine and I ordered it directly from LaRue because nobody have them in stock last October.

ADCO Firearms website link
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I had ADCO install my last Daniel Defense 9.0 on my Colt 6520 over a cut down front sight base.  You could easily buy the rail from them and ship your upper to them to have it installed.  I am very happy with the work they did on mine.  I know how to install the rail, and have done several myself in the past, but since I was buying from them anyway it was easier to let them do the install.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

eyeballing basically.
but there is a dimple underneath the barrel below the gas port which lines up with the rear hole im most gas blocks.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#11]
What is the finish on the barrel in the above pics? Flade Dark Earth? Which company?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What is the finish on the barrel in the above pics? Flade Dark Earth? Which company?

Lauer Duracoat, in desert tan.  applied by GTS aka Denny's Guns.  

team member? see archive server...
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=231558

ar-jedi

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top