Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2006 6:12:15 PM EDT

I plan on getting a Larue SPR Extended eye relief mount, and an IOR Valdada 1.1x-4x scope. I have a standard A2 front sight and an ARMS #40L BUIS. Will I need to switch the front sight to some sort of flip up front sight to use this setup?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]

will I be able to see the front sight at all when looking through the scope?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
will I be able to see the front sight at all when looking through the scope?

It will be blurry at higher magnifications.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:13:52 AM EDT
[#4]
at lower magnifications it will be plenty visible. I would definitely get a flip up front. PRI specifically.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
at lower magnifications it will be plenty visible. I would definitely get a flip up front. PRI specifically.

That's a very subjective statement. It's personal preference.

Get the optic mounted first and shoot your rifle with it. If you decide that you don't like seeing your front sight through the optic, then look into folding front sights. This way, you will not spend money you may not need to and you're optic will be mounted at a good height. It's best not to try and solve a problem that may not happen for you.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top