Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:41:31 PM EDT
Deploying to Iraq soon and I just bought a 551 EOTech to bring with me.  I will be putting a LMT rear site on the flat top with the 551.  I'm reading alot about the LARUE EOTECH MOUNT being a good purchase.  My M4 will have the fatter, double heatshield handguards and no rail system.  Is there enough room on the flat top with the Larue, LMT and 551?  Or am I going to have a problem with the handguards getting in the way?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
larue mount will not work with the LMT BUIS apparently.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The LaRue QD base does not fit a flat top upper with the LMT rear BUIS installed.  The two outstanding faetures as I see them are - it gives a QD mount rather than a screw mount; it creates a proper mounting place for a NV device.

I have been told it will work with a flip up rear (which one(s) are unknown to me) but I have not personally tried it.

Call and discuss your needs with one of the reputable suppliers on this board.  I'd bet they'd bend over backwards to help you work this out.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
There goes my idea.  Wish I had known prior to purchasing the LMT.  Guess I'll be doing the rear BUIS shuffle.

Question:  Will the LaRue BUIS work with the LaRue EoTech mount?  I'm guessing...........................yes, but I'd like to make sure before shelling out more cash.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........................now whereTF am I going to mount my brandy new LMT BUIS???
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There goes my idea.  Wish I had known prior to purchasing the LMT.  Guess I'll be doing the rear BUIS shuffle.

Question:  Will the LaRue BUIS work with the LaRue EoTech mount?  I'm guessing...........................yes, but I'd like to make sure before shelling out more cash.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........................now whereTF am I going to mount my brandy new LMT BUIS???

Yes, the Larue BUIS will fit with the mount.

As for your LMT BUIS, put it on a new rifle
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:40:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quoted:
As for your LMT BUIS, put it on a new rifle

Yes, but that is the question I must answer.  M4gery, A4gery, Middy,.................so many that need rear BUIS.  I'm thinking the M4gery should be the one.

How's this sound - LMT rear, PRI front flip with an Aimpoint Comp M2 cowitnessed between them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top