Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 10:59:06 AM EDT
For a long time, I've run a TA11 in an ARMS #19S mount and I've been quite happy with it. The ARMS #19S returns to zero reliably and does everything I need it to do. Recently I had to send off the upper to have someone else work on it, as a result I would need to rezero the ACOG anyway and this got me to thinking whether I shouldn't give the Larue mount a try.

I'd fired a few guns using Larue mounts and they appeared to be quality mounts that returned to zero perfectly. I also like the idea of adjustable tension since one thing I had noticed with my ARMS #19S is that it was becoming looser over time - it still mounted firmly and held zero but it no longer required near as much force to flip the throw lever and that concerned me. At the same time, I had promised myself that as long as it was holding zero I wouldn't swap out a perfectly good mount that held zero for another mount that did the same thing just because it was the latest & greatest.

Finally I decided to give it a try... and I have to say, I am impressed so far. The Larue mount not only includes a top quality mount; but comes with all the tools you will ever need to use it, including an allen wrench for the mount screws, two mount screws, a tiny tube of loctite, and a small wrench to adjust the levers.

Considering the ARMS #19S didn't even come with any screws to mount the ACOG to the mount, I have to say I am impressed with the level of detail Larue put into their product. All in all, I didn't need the Larue mount; but it is a very nice product and I am not disappointed with the purchase. I plan to give it some serious use and fully expect to be placing the ARMS #19S on the EE soon,
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#1]

+1

I've become a big fan of Larue...and the cap and bottle opener had nothing to do with it either.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the other side, fellow defector!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:04:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top