Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2016 3:52:41 AM EDT
I recently purchased an AAC barrel that came with a gas block and tube. Included in the package was two roll pins. One pin that is obviously for the gas tube and another very large pin. I have been unable to figure out what the large pin is for. The LoPro block is not tapped to allow it to be pinned. I'm stumped as to what this pin is for. This is my first build and I just want to make sure that I don't mess anything up. The picture should be attached. All help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:01:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the right size to be a gas block or sling swivel roll pin. You can always call or email AAC and ask them what the parts are for.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Could it be a pin for perm attaching the flash hider?

Only reasonable thing I could think of, one gas tube pin, one pin for cross pinning the gas block and another for pinning and welding the muzzle device?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Of the three pins that are shown there is one for the gas tube, the other small sized one is the indexing pin for the barrel. It wasn't installed when I got it. The large one doesn't have anything to do with the flash hider as far as I can tell. The flash hider was in its own separate package and included Rokset. The large roll pin was in the package that contained the gas block and tube.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like its for pinning the gas block if you prefer that over a set screws. Not necessary but certainly a more bombproof setup. Most gas blocks (outside of Geissele) don't come with a predrilled gas block.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like its for pinning the gas block if you prefer that over a set screws. Not necessary but certainly a more bombproof setup. Most gas blocks (outside of Geissele) don't come with a predrilled gas block.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
AAC used to ship those barrels with gas blocks that were drilled for that pin.  The barrel and gas block were nitrided after that process occurred.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Alright so it seems like it's nothing I have to be worried about then. Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I ask aac the same question a couple of years ago. They said it is in case you use a different barrel than theirs with their gas block. Don't quite understand what they meant. Seams to small to use as a gas block pin.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top