Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 8/3/2009 8:37:45 AM EST
Can someone help a neophyte understand the small vs large pin Colt and why I should want one or the other,and how to compare? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:49:45 AM EST
The large (.170") vs small (.154") pins are for the trigger and the only reason you will every care is if you plan on switching to an aftermarket trigger. And even then most trigger mfr's make the .170" size.

The deal is that .154 is the "milspec" diamater pins and everyone EXCEPT Colt (who makes the military rifles) used .154 pins. Colt's idea is that with different pin sizes you couldn't put an M16 trigger in the rifle. Just recently Colt changed their ways and all the new LE6920's have .154 pins.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:00:35 AM EST
Colt used to make a larger hole for the pivot pin, also, or am I crazy?

Seems I remember seeing adapters that would let you use a large hole upper with a small hole lower and vice versa.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:34:57 AM EST
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:39:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bitmap:
Colt used to make a larger hole for the pivot pin, also, or am I crazy?

Seems I remember seeing adapters that would let you use a large hole upper with a small hole lower and vice versa.

You are not crazy. This was to prevent using a "civilian" upper on a GI lower-or some such crack-smoking idea. Both this and the FCG pin issue are stupid, worthless ideas.
Top Top