Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2010 6:55:30 AM EDT
Does anyone know who sells large ammo boxes? Something that would be hard to pick up and carry off, when full. Jobox is one idea, but I don't need anything fancy. Just be able to lock it. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Locker like one would see in a school or locker room. They can be bolted to a wall and/or modified to be more secure fairly easily. You might be able to find them used. I have seen some ‘gun safes’ that look like lockers that have been modified reasonably cheap.
I have a couple of commercial cabinets that are heavy duty enough to hold a lot of ammo and would be easy to add a secure hasp to. I got them from a plant sale. Might be the kind of thing a used office furniture store would have.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Rigid storage chest?

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the Rigid storage chest for some of my ammo, works great, Someone might drag it off with a truck but they sure as hell cant carry it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I saw the Rigid on line; about the same as Jobox. May go that route. Not too many used office supply depots around here, but it was something I hadn't thought, PFC. I looked all over on line, trying to find just a box with a lockable lid...harder to find something like that, than it is to find ammo deals. Well, almost. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get that Ridgid job box at Home Depot for about $259.

A steel locker with a hasp bolted on is no match for a thief.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Check ebay, do a search for ammo cans, there are some large boxes made, I don't know if this is what you're looking for or not.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Check craigslist for the office cabinets you are looking for.
Lots of businesses closing down and office furniture can be found pretty cheap.
construction equipment like a jobox hasn't dropped in price as much but you will find that there too.
If you go with the jobox type box, you may want to consider standing it on it's side so you don't have to bend over and lift heavy ammo cans over the side with your back . . . just sayin . . .
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#8]
PS: This is what I consider to be a "LARGE AMMO CAN"

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#9]
A connex as an ammo can. That's fucking great.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Just have to find a way to fill that thing. That's awesome.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 2 of these my father in law built for me.  I think they are perfect.  Fit my garand nicely too.  Just need a 1903a3 and a m1 carbine for it and I will be gtg. . .

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the suggestions. I picked up a Ridgid at Home Depot. It'll hold the best part of my ammo, and as wbigcount said, no one's going to carry it off. I'll get the connex 'ammo box' next year...just have to wait for a few more sales.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top