Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:45:30 AM EST
I have this fella willing to part with his upper. It's a Colt Sporter large hole. Will it fit an XM15E2S lower?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:47:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sin_Bin:
I have this fella willing to part with his upper. It's a Colt Sporter large hole. Will it fit an XM15E2S lower?

Not without adapter pins.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:31:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By _DR:

Originally Posted By Sin_Bin:

Not without adapter pins.

Never used nor heard of "adapter pins." Is it a big deal to get them and will it be a PITA to install?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:37:15 AM EST
I just did exactly that with a colt sporter C7 upper and a Bushmaster lower.

I bought an offset bushing from DPMS for $3 with free shipping, I had to locktite it to the upper to get it to stop rattling, once that was done I have no movement at all and it runs fine.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:39:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By K2QB3:
I just did exactly that with a colt sporter C7 upper and a Bushmaster lower.

I bought an offset bushing from DPMS for $3 with free shipping, I had to locktite it to the upper to get it to stop rattling, once that was done I have no movement at all and it runs fine.

Thanks. What I understand from your post is that it's no big deal and it's worth it, correct?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:46:18 AM EST
If you can get a good deal on the upper yeah, it's a $3 issue, no big deal at all.

You'll need to experiment with the timing of the bushing, by rotating it in the pivot hole in the upper, before you locktite it down to get the best fit, mine liked it straight up, so the upper was as tight to the lower as possible.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:38:15 AM EST
Is the Colt upper A2 -or- A3? If it's an A3 and you decide you dont like it and choose to sell it, please let me know. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:59:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By K2QB3:
If you can get a good deal on the upper yeah, it's a $3 issue, no big deal at all.

You'll need to experiment with the timing of the bushing, by rotating it in the pivot hole in the upper, before you locktite it down to get the best fit, mine liked it straight up, so the upper was as tight to the lower as possible.

Thank you for the info. Yes, I'm getting it for a great price.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:59:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By MR_JOSHUA:
Is the Colt upper A2 -or- A3? If it's an A3 and you decide you dont like it and choose to sell it, please let me know. Thanks

It's an A2.

Top Top