Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 8:01:16 PM EDT
I was in Guns Plus in Spring Lake today, they had bulk packs of this stuff for sale.  Company website is here: www.lancerammo.com/

It's marked ".223 (5.56) Remington, 55 Gr. FMJ, New Ammunition".  To me it looks like remanufactured ammo using NATO brass, although the headstamps don't have the (+) on them.  They have W   C   C   2   0   marked on the head.  I bought a box to give a shot.  

For $54.95 you get 250 rounds of 223 FMJ in a USGI 30 cal Ammo can.  You can order bulk from their website, $147.25 for 1000 rounds plus the shipping.  I'll post an update of how my Bushy likes it when I get some of this to the range.

If anyone here has first hand knowledge with this stuff please post it.  
Thanx in advance,
-txgp17

Damn I had to take like 47 pictures before I got one of the headstamp that came out, and the one below ain't great.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It's WCC 02 cases, which would mean to me that they are reloaded/remanufactured not "New" They could be I guess if the brass was bought from Winchester unfired.  Never heard of them, but be sure to chronograph the rounds and find out what actual bullets are used, and reliability is an issue too.  Are the necks crimped, can't tell by the photo.  Let us know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Crimped?  yes

There won't be any chronographing for; I haven't sprung for a chrono yet, seems like I should seeing as I've over 2000 rounds of ammo that I've reloaded myself.  10mm, 38, 357, 300 winchester....

Also, I see MidwayUSA is selling this stuff two.  12 different listings for 3 calibers, 38 Special, 45 ACP, and 45-70.  All the pistol stuff is listed as reman, but the 45-70 is listed as new production.

Lancer 45-70 405 gr Lead Round Nose Flat Point
------------
I hate to hijack my own AR ammo thread, but I don't see the need for an entirely new one.  The 45-70 ammo that Midway sells varies a lot in muzzle velocity.  I know the reason why; all those old weak actions out there in the world, but some are only half the velocity of the others.  For the 405 gr listings:
2,050 fps - Grizzly 45-70 +P 405 gr Cast Performance Lead Wide Long Nose Gas Check - Notes: designated +P should be used only in firearms of modern design and recent manufacture, such as Ruger single-action revolvers, Freedom Arms single-action revolvers, Marlin lever-action rifles and Ruger #1 rifles. Do not use +P in firearms that are replicas of early designs, such as rolling blocks, Sharps and Colt-style single action army revolvers.
2,000 fps - Buffalo Bore 45-70 Magnum Levergun 405 gr Jacketed Flat Nose - Notes: Intended for use in Marlin 1895 made since 1972, Browning 1885, 1886, New England Arms Handi-Rifle, Ruger #1, #3, T/C Encore, Shiloh, Christian, Petersoli Sharps, New Production Winchester 1886.
1,350 fps - PMC Cowboy 45-70 405 gr Lead Flat Point
1,330 fps - Remington Express 45-70 405 gr Jacketed Soft Point
1,250 fps - Black Hills Cowboy Action 45-70 405 gr Lead Round Nose Flat Point
1,100 fps - Lancer 45-70 405 gr Lead Round Nose Flat Point
1,100 fps - Ultramax 45-70 405 gr Lead Round Nose Flat Point
[/hijack]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm...labeling the product as "new ammo" while using brass that is most likely once fired, it looks like their labeling practices don't pass inspection.

Then when I clicked on the "About us" link I found another jewel:
"Lancer Custom Ammunition was acquisitioned in May 2004 by Cast Scientific, Inc."
I believe the word they were looking for is "acquired", since there is no such word as "acquisitioned"!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
From their site

All bulk ammo is loaded with remanufactured brass unless otherwise indicated. Custom loads at bulk rates are also available. Contact us for more information.

Could still be good stuff though, I wonder what bullet they load for their 68 grn BTHP and what it chronos at.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Went out to the range today with 150 rounds.  All of them fired without a hitch.  I did have one new glitch however, when I released the bolt catch of a fresh mag it failed to strip the round completely into the chamber, like the bullet was getting stuck on the feedramps with the case still touching the feedlips of the mag.  I attribute this to the Brand New D&H mags I got from Bravo Company USA, this was the first time they were used and I guess they need a little breaking in.  A few taps on the forward assist cured the issue and it only happened when I released the bolt on a full magazine.

The only other ammo I've fed my Bushmaster is Ultramax Reman 55 gr FMJ, Winchester "white-box" 55 gr FMJ (wally-mart), and PMC 55 gr FMJ.  Nothing I've fired has failed to function properly in my rifle yet, but I'm not really putting it to a true test, just a redneck test drive if you know what I mean.

Velocity?  I got no idea.  Accuracy?  Well, I did manage to moleste 6 alumimum cans, here's a pic of one from 50 yards.  I was using iron sights on a carbine.

Hope I'm not violating any copyright laws here.....  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
"Brewed for a naturaly smooth.....explosion?"
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#7]
"Brewed for a naturaly smooth.....explosion?"

Oops, double post.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice action shot of the new A2 clone burning some Lancer powder.  Special thanks to my fair maiden for being trigger happy today.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top