Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 8:11:25 PM EDT
This isthe description:

"You are bidding on 1000 rounds of USGI .223 / 5.56 Lake City manufactured ammo. This ammo was produced by the Lake City Arsonal and then demilled under contract through Lake City for civilian sale. Demilled means that this ammo was released by Lake City under contract, and was taken apart and had a new primer put in and then loaded back with the same components. They must do this to make the ammo legal for civilian sale. Lake City is the only government funded Arsonal left and they produce 90% of all the ammo the US military uses. It is considered to be some of the best in the world. The military primer crimp has been removed so this ammo will be easier to reload once you shoot it. It is some very dependable and accurrate ammo, and most of all it burns clean, so it won't make your AR-15 jam after 300 rounds, like some of the other cheap ammo. This ammo is boxer primed, brass cased, non-corrosive, and 100% reloadable. It comes packed loose. Thanks for your interrest and please check out my other auctions."

BTW:  I have bought from tehse guys b/f and they were easy to deal with.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used it before and found it to be great ammo. The only thing that would stop me from buying more of it would be if I thought the price was to high.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I seen this ad on Gunbroker.com and it made me think since I used to work for Alliant tech(ATK)
back in the late 80's and 90's before slick Willy took office and put the stop on land mines. but we used to incinerate all the runoffs and overs. surplus was always sold by bid  for resale...but we all know how that changed in 1997..... then it was sold to high bidder for demilling they had nothing to do with it.....  anyway  my next door neighbor who works for Federal Cartridge told me that all the Lake City Ammo(XM193) that is on the market
now is because they now have a outlet to sell off overruns via Federal Cartridge. I would say that this is the same stuff you can buy at Cabelas in bulk with ammo cans. I dont know what Cabelas gets for it I haven't bought any for a while now  I had a bad problem with shell seperation, it is loaded fairly hot and it is all Lake City brass, different  years on the shell case, and had the crimp removed
check the price with cabelas and compare...I myself would go for the the real deal in the generic brown boxes....that stuff is the real deal and it is twice the ammo  that reloads are and that smell of vicotry just lingers in the air too. also my Armalite and my DPMS's  love that stuff
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:33:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I have bought that very ammo from that dealer.  Comes loose in a box.  I put it all on strippers while watching the TV.  It is great range ammo and you save a little money.  As Troy mentioned, wouldn't rely on it for serious use.  I keep a ammo can of XM193 saved and ready to go and use the demilled stuff for the range.  I plan on ordering more when what I have runs low.
Not that it makes a functional difference, but it is shiny and clean.  
Enjoy,
The Man in Tan
Edited to add that since you are in Texas and that is were he is based out of, you may even save a little on the shipping.  Its a little higher than I thought would be to Kansas, but not unreasonable.  After all, it is a small package, but is quite heavy.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top