Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2004 4:10:09 AM EDT
I ordered 500rd from Ammoman, but should I have gone with the Winchester Q3131A or Q3131? Are there certain lots to avoid?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:23:54 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, there were a few minor issues with some of the very first lots, but really nothing reported since, and I believe the lot numbers are now in the high 60s.

FYI, see BRILLO's thread on recent bad/blown primers and defective case issues with Q3131A. Those who have posted or viewed are being very careful with any Q3131A they have right now.

IMHO, you are much better off with the XM193. And get it while you can, scuttlebut is that supplies are becoming harder to find.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
All of XM193 has been outstanding.  There are no lots to avoid.  This is just an internet commando junk myth.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Its all Good Stuff, if you find you dont like it I'll take it off your hands
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The best lot from Fed was lot #29,  it produced 3/4" group out of my 24" RRA 1/8twist.
I was tickled pink
Shadow
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top