Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 4:07:37 PM EDT
Just ordered some NIW grey teflon Labelle's but they have black followers.  What's the story on these?  I thought Labelle's have green followers.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some too, no big deal.  If you are unhappy with the black followers then change them out with the green ones or get some of the Magpul followers!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have some too, no big deal.  If you are unhappy with the black followers then change them out with the green ones or get some of the Magpul followers!

That's what I was thinking.  I'm sure they're as good as my other Labelle's.  Just wondering what the history is.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll look at the dates on mine when I get home but I believe these are older.  I still have some NIW but I put the new Magpul followers in most of mine
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you have any problems with the flooplates?  I'm concerned I'll crack a tab and ruin the mag.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did you have any problems with the flooplates?  I'm concerned I'll crack a tab and ruin the mag.

What, when removing them?  No, never.  Use a real small, flat screw driver to get it started and you'll be all set.  I've rebuilt 40 mags and installed new followers in dozens more and never broken a tab.  You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]
That makes me feel better, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Here, check out this "how to" article.  The first part will basically cover replacing the follower: Maryland AR15 Shooters Site
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Here, check out this "how to" article.  The first part will basically cover replacing the follower: Maryland AR15 Shooters Site

That is outstanding. I have been worried about buying some of the older mags. No more. That looks like fun to do, besides.

Thanks
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top