Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 2:52:37 PM EDT
i was thinking about getting 5 of either the labelle grey teflon mags or the dmps (also labelle) black teflon mags.

is 100 for 5 (20 per if you dont feel like doing the math) a good deal?  im not really expecting mags to go down in prices for a little while and i dont see labelle mags getting any cheaper.

also, whats the difference between the grey and black teflon and which one is better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I think $20 a pop for NIW wrapper mags might be a little high, but not bad.  Hell, if they are what you want, spend the extra few bucks.  I wouldn't max out on them, but 5? Heck, if it makes ya happy, I'd do it.

But... I'm gonna get me a bunch of the Bushy ones... I like their 30rd LEO mags!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
you know of any better deals around?  (not EE, cant use paypal).
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Not yet, but you will be able to find them in a month or 2.

I just looked at Bushmaster's site, they are selling there 30rd mags for $19.99 a pop.

That may be the new going rate... which isn't all that bad (for brand new, teflon coated, w/green followers)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're willing to risk it, RGuns is advertising new Colt 30 rounders for $17 each, or $15 each for 10 or more.  Or you could try the $12 now-legal-for-everyone (certain communist states excepted)  LEO marked not-in-wrap manufactured by a military contractor (formerly Labelle) mags from Tapco.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
i ordered mags 2x from Rguns without a glitch.  glad i had no problem, but am curious how they screwed you.  thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
TAPCO is out of stock til 9/16/04.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Ammoman bought all those mags off the EE right here!  That should tell you where the deals really are.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you're willing to risk it, RGuns is advertising new Colt 30 rounders for...

[lol2]

You, are a very funny guy!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ammoman bought all those mags off the EE right here!  That should tell you where the deals really are.

no they didnt
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just keep on eye out on the EE ammoman has been a rip on their mags prices recently

Keeping in mind that Ammoman includes the price of shipping, I don't see how their prices could be characterized as a "rip".
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#12]
if you're willing to buy 10, you can get them in the EE forum for about $17 each
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Whats wrong with RGuns?

Somebody tell me, please! I've never ordered from them, but they keep having things that are very tempting.

Whats wrong with them?! Are they another version of Jokin-Ya-Round-While-Stealin-Yer-Money (Joeken)?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#14]
$20 per mag including shipping.  stop splitting hairs.  If you like the guy, use him.

Ammoman is a stand up guy.  I have dealt with him twice, and will again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#15]
okay, i figure i can spend the extra money just to save the hassle and get it (not to mention its IN stock).

what is the difference in between the grey and black teflon coatins?  if there isnt one ill probably go with the grey since they already come with green followers.

*edit* hmmm, i think ill wait  a week or two.  have a 3gun match that i need mags for in november but that should give me enough time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Whats wrong with RGuns?

Somebody tell me, please! I've never ordered from them, but they keep having things that are very tempting.

Whats wrong with them?! Are they another version of Jokin-Ya-Round-While-Stealin-Yer-Money (Joeken)?

Some people have ordered from them and gotten their stuff in a timely manner with no problems.  

That was not my experience.

I placed an order with them for a bunch mags that were supposed to be back ordered for something like  two weeks.  When I didn't hear anything from RGuns for a few months, I bought them elsewhere.  Then about six months later, a couple hundred dollar charge appeared on my credit card and a week or so later the stuff showed up.

They didn't steal my money or anything, but they also didn't deliver when they said they would and didn't bother telling me that they weren't going to be delivered within the time advertised, and they didn't bother asking whether I still wanted them after such a long delay.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Check out this thread... think $12each
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

and those are the same as the Labelle Teflons  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I called ammoman about the prices on those mags and he said it depends on the manufactures price???????  He was a total ass during the conversation and when I asked him when does he think they would come down or when he is going to get some LEO mags he responded "I dont know I dont have my crystal ball today" in a rude tone, that guy will not get my business anymore
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
I said it in a joking tone.Not a rude tone.I am just not used to guys in this business being so thin skinned.I am very sorry if i hurt your feelings.I understand you still won't do business with us, and am glad that in this great country, you have many options.
Sorry you didn't understand that i am the class clown and didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
BTW, i said my crystal ball was broken today
That is the comedic way of getting to the point.
Eric the ammoman

whatever, when I give someone business I expect them to act in a professional way when I ask you a question.  I didnt put your sarcassism in my shopping cart when I ordered from you
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]
AMMOMAN- Check your instant messages

BTW No hard feelings ammoman, just got a little hot headed but thanks for the response
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#24]
My local LE distributor has been selling the Bushmaster Teflons for $14.50 for the last few years. We have discussed this on the board before, and the general agreement is that they are the same as (or actually are) Labelle magazines except for the grey finish and BM floorplate. I have been running with them for the last couple of years and they are my favorites. I picked up 10 at my distributor today, and the price stayed the same. Oddly, the 20-rounders from BM are selling for more, at $18.50.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
My local LE distributor has been selling the Bushmaster Teflons for $14.50 for the last few years. We have discussed this on the board before, and the general agreement is that they are the same as (or actually are) Labelle magazines except for the grey finish and BM floorplate. I have been running with them for the last couple of years and they are my favorites. I picked up 10 at my distributor today, and the price stayed the same. Oddly, the 20-rounders from BM are selling for more, at $18.50.

I wonder if Bushmaster will sell them at that cheaper price if you call
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Appear pre-ban non-teflon coated. Not most current version available.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
TAPCO is out of stock til 9/16/04.

no it says until 10/16/04 now
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

BTW No hard feelings ammoman, just got a little hot headed but thanks for the response

Eric is cool, I have ordered ammo from him a lot and have always been happy. He's a good guy, really.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and those are the same as the Labelle Teflons  

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eric is cool, I have ordered ammo from him a lot and have always been happy. He's a good guy, really.

yeah I know,  we kinda had misunderstanding.  Ive ordered from him in the past without any glitches and will continue to do so
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

no they are not preban and are the most current version available
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Whats wrong with RGuns?

Several years ago, I ordered three ARMS 19 QD throw-lever mounts from RGuns (based on their ad in Shotgun News). When I received them, none appeared as well finished as my other ARMS 19 mounts and one was seriously defective.

I shipped the mounts to ARMS for inspection and was informed that all three were counterfeits. ARMS sent me an affidavit to sign in an on-going civil action they had against the company known to manufacture these counterfeit items. ARMS also replaced the mounts with genuine ones which worked fine. I wrote RGuns explaining they were selling counterfeit products and they never responded. I wrote Shotgun News and was told that since I was the only person who had complained, they wouldn't withdraw RGuns' ad. No telling how many people own fake ARMS products without being aware of it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#34]
The folks at  BOTACH Tactical are selling Colt LE marked Colt 20 & 30 round mags for $15.00 plus shipping.   botachtactical.com
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the info.  I got some coming.  The LEO/Gov markings will be an interesting footnote about "The Ban" but I'm sure the powers that be will be trying to put something like it (or worse) in place in the future.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I ordered mags from DPMS on Freedom Day, but did not get black teflons as expected.

What I did get were unmarked wrappers, I mean NOTHING, just plain plastic bags, with mags that appeared to have been previously bulk packed... little scratches in the dry moly coating.  Floorplates were marked

.223 cal/5.56 mm
NHMTG  S/42
Hartford, CT

and the bodies have the LEO/Mil/Export stamp near the top on the left side.  

Near the bottom, also on the left

33710   (which is OKay's CAGE code)

2-04     (date stamp)

And green followers.

No big deal, but don't expect the teflon Labelles from DPMS.  I would hope they would bring back the DPMS black teflons from Labelle.

On the other hand, these are the first really NEW mags I have bought, and they have the LEO stamp, cool!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Repub18 those are some nice looking magazines...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Repub18 those are some nice looking magazines...

oh those are Brushdogs photos not mine
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:50:02 AM EDT
[#39]
I just ordered five magazines from Eric at Ammoman.  Life is too short to dick around when you want something.  Eric has the things in stock, they look good, the price isn't wildly overboard since he kicks in for shipping, I have always had excellent service from him, and they ship wicked fast.

Good enough for me.  End of story.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:15:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I just ordered five magazines from Eric at Ammoman.  Life is too short to dick around when you want something.  Eric has the things in stock, they look good, the price isn't wildly overboard since he kicks in for shipping, I have always had excellent service from him, and they ship wicked fast.

Good enough for me.  End of story.  

I've ordered five in the past from Eric too.  Great service and fast shipping.  Can't go wrong there.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top