Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 10:18:12 AM EDT
I've seen La Rue's stuff and it's very nice. So that got me to wondering...do they have a flip up front and rear sight? If not, are they planning on making any in the near future?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I know they make a rear BUIS.......... Rear BUIS

And here is Larue's web page.........  HomePage

I don't have any idea if they plan on making a Flip up Front.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I've seen the BUIS and while it's very nice I'm probably going to go with a scope on my current build, so I would like to have a flip up.  I'm leaning towards the #40L right now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've seen La Rue's stuff and it's very nice. So that got me to wondering...do they have a flip up front and rear sight? If not, are they planning on making any in the near future?

I've wondered the exact same thing, but haven't seen or read anything that would lead me to believe that "flip-ip" BUIS from LaRue are planned in the near future.

Too bad, I think they'd be a real contender...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
They haven't been ruled out.

But, they also aren't in progress of any sort.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
There are plans, but their production capabilities have been seriously taxed with military demands.  Hopefully we can get our boys home soon, and they'll have more time to develop their flip up buis.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Screw the flippers..... I want my cantilever mount!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Screw the flippers..... I want my cantilever mount!!!

+1
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:02:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think LaRue Tactical can make EVERY part for the AR and make it better than anything else out there. They however have a lot of irons in the fire currently so I would say that flip up sights are a ways off. A VERY good choice is the TROY flip ups....

C4

I looked at the Troy and they seem nice. The only thing I wasn't sure about them was that it looked as if the rear flip sight only had one aperature, where the #40L has two. Is this correct, or did I just look at it wrong?

If it is correct, can you tell me why the Troy would still be a better choice even though it only has the one aperature? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:18:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top