Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2008 4:52:31 PM EST
If I am looking down the barrel of my gun, do I turn the rail retainer clockwise or counter clockwise to loosen the handguards? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:00:09 PM EST
I remember it being the righty tighty lefty loosey thing. Mine is super snug and I have to use a strap wrench and vise block to get it to come off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:06:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By climbr1:
I remember it being the righty tighty lefty loosey thing. Mine is super snug and I have to use a strap wrench and vise block to get it to come off.

So is it righty tighty lefty loosey looking down the barrel or looking down the bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:14:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By hapyhar0ld:

So is it righty tighty lefty loosey looking down the barrel or looking down the bolt carrier?

YES You might need a strap wrench to loosen if you con not turn it by hand
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:20:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By shootsenmeister:

Originally Posted By hapyhar0ld:

YES You might need a strap wrench to loosen if you con not turn it by hand

Sorry to be a smartass but is it yes to looking down the barrel? Or is it yes to looking down the bolt carrier? I just broke my first strap wrench trying to get this damn thing off. I think there is blue lock tite on the threads? Heat it up first?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:30:48 PM EST
Did you remove the two hex bolts first?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:45:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By texasjohn:
Did you remove the two hex bolts first?

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:02:54 PM EST
Nevermind I figured it out. It is righty tighty, lefty loosey from the bolt carrier end of business. If you do it from the barrel end its wrong. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:18:19 PM EST
Top Top