Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2005 7:36:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/10/2005 7:40:11 PM EST by brickfish]
My EOTech 552 is hitting the nut on my new Larue 7.0. I really like the LaRue mount for the EOTech but I didn't think it was mandatory to use it . I like my EOTech to sit all the way foward on the upper receiver where the screw is in the foward most slot. I think I remember reading somthing about this a while back but didn't think it was an issue any more. This is really bumming me out. Any ideas?

Edited to add: Are there any other nuts that are lower profile that would fit this?
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 3:26:39 AM EST
tagged
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 5:43:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 5:56:30 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 6:02:09 AM EST
What kind of upper is it? Rail might be out of spec too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 6:08:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 6:32:52 AM EST
It is a Rock River upper that is a few years old.
The EOTech is just hitting enough to cant it to the left and keep the right side from going flat on the receiver.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 8:24:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/11/2005 8:24:51 AM EST by HotDiggity]
I saw the same thng when monuting my EoTech on my Buskmaster upper/DanielDefense 12" forend. I wanted it just a few slots farther forward on the upper, and it appeared to JUST clear the nut, but looking through the site and looking at the position of the dot in relation to the front sight post revealed that it was not sitting straight as compared to when it is only on the receiver. I just had to shriug and move it back on the receiver. It never occurred to me that my upper may be out of square, but you're probably right, Grant.

HD
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 2:42:07 PM EST
HD, thats exactaly what mine is doing.
If the upper is out of spec, I can get a new upper less than the LaRue EOTech mount. I do like the LaRue mount, I just don't want to have to use it
Does anybody have this same setup that clears the nut? I would like to know that it should work if everything was in spec.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:05:46 AM EST
I am also having the same problem with the Bushmaster .308 rifles being out of spec on the rail. When I contacted them about it, they wouldn't do anything for me. I called Dennis at EO Tech and he gave me a few suggestion to alieviate this problem. In my book... EO Tech customer service is top of the line as well as their product.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:11:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By C4iGrant:
Ok I double checked and it appears that it is just barely touching.

What did you check, an LT 7.0 on a known true upper?

I ask because this sounds like the setup I am looking to run on the LMT upper + LT 7.0 I am waiting to buy...

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:24:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By brickfish:
HD, thats exactaly what mine is doing.
If the upper is out of spec, I can get a new upper less than the LaRue EOTech mount. I do like the LaRue mount, I just don't want to have to use it
Does anybody have this same setup that clears the nut? I would like to know that it should work if everything was in spec.
Thanks

Mine cleared the nut (RRA upper, LaRue 7.0, EOTech 552). I went with the EOTech mount, though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:30:19 PM EST
Supersniper1, what did EoTech recomend? I think I will get the LaRue EoTech mount when the funds present themselves though it will likely be a long time since I just had my second son a few weeks ago. So if there is a trick to reposition it I would like to try it. I considered shaving the part of the base of the EoTech but decided that wasn't too smart. I'm kinda bad about modifying things until they do what I want. hainsaw.gif
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:40:38 PM EST

Hmmm...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=258781

"Larue EoTech mount.
...I shaved off some material w/dremel on the mid section of the right rail so it would clear the ring of my Larue 7.0."

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:31:49 PM EST
Mine clears just fine. I have a Bushmaster upper receiver. What kind of upper receiver do y'all have?

I have a May 2001 mfg. date Eotech 552 if that makes any difference as well. Anyhow, it's locked solid over both the upper receiver and LaRue 7.0 rail.

themao
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:44:51 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:51:50 PM EST
Brick,

Dennis suggested the LaRue EO Tech mount that raises the sight about 1/4". It will still be low enough to use the BUIS sight thru the window. I have one coming next week. I will let you know how it works out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:20:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
I swear I remember hearing someone say that some early DD forends had barrel nuts that were too large for an EoTech to go over it. I know I have built at least one gun with an EoTech + DD that had this problem. Then I got some new DD Rails in and didnt have the problem anymore? I think Forest was the one who had mentioned this problem with earlier versions to me, but I dont remember?

+1 I had to mount mine forward.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:22:51 AM EST
I had that problem with a Troy MRF. My upper was ever so slightly out of spec and prevented my EoTech from being mounted via the last slot on the upper. I purchased an EoTech riser as a solution. However, once I started using the EoTech mounted on the riser I fell in love with that setup and now run risers on 3 of my ARs. It puts the EoTech in a much better position; I never realized how low a standard EoTech is and how far I was dropping my head when it was mounted directly on the upper. Get the riser, it's awesome!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:55:54 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:03:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2005 2:07:08 AM EST by Capn_Crunch]

Originally Posted By M4arc:
I had that problem with a Troy MRF. My upper was ever so slightly out of spec and prevented my EoTech from being mounted via the last slot on the upper. I purchased an EoTech riser as a solution. However, once I started using the EoTech mounted on the riser I fell in love with that setup and now run risers on 3 of my ARs. It puts the EoTech in a much better position; I never realized how low a standard EoTech is and how far I was dropping my head when it was mounted directly on the upper. Get the riser, it's awesome!

Don't forget that it places the irons right where they should be. The LaRue riser is a piece of must have gear for the EOTech in my book.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:14:09 AM EST
Well I guess I just need to move the LaRue EoTech mount higher up on my list of priorties. I really like the fact that the EoTech can be removed and reinstalled without losing zero and lowers the front site out in the window. That alone had me wanting it.

Oh yea, the Larue 7.0 with the TD vertical grip are awsome. I am very happy with this setup.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:43:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
I swear I remember hearing someone say that some early DD forends had barrel nuts that were too large for an EoTech to go over it. I know I have built at least one gun with an EoTech + DD that had this problem. Then I got some new DD Rails in and didnt have the problem anymore? I think Forest was the one who had mentioned this problem with earlier versions to me, but I dont remember?

IIRC it was Wes that mentioned the issue, but this is with a LaRue - which came after the improved DD with the lower ring.

My guess it's one of those RRA flattops that were to the 'new spec' (everyone remember that?).
Top Top