Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2003 8:06:08 AM EDT
Curious if you still have pics(or do you still own) the ARMS #22 throw lever EXTENSION spacer for you aimpoint?  If you have pics of it mounted can you repost them?  Can't find the old thread!  How do you like it?  Considering that route for my 10.5" project!  Thanks in advance!!!

Horik
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=160453[/url]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you much!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:12:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn dude, didnt even see this til tonight.  

Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:55:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey no problem!!  I love that M4 set up.  Perhaps you can help with this instead.  How do you like your single point sling?  I thinking of one for my 10.5" setup.  Take it easy!

Horik
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
A single point would be the cats ass on a 10.5" gun.  I wouldnt even consider anything else for the job on a gun that short.

Its simple and out of the way, and offers great range of movement.  My favorite part about single points is I have have to work my hand around a front portion to slap the bolt release on a reload.

Check out KevinB's pics over [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=166393&w=myTopicPop]here[/url]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the link Lumpy!  Your right!  It's the way to go for sure.  And I am with you on the 3 point sling in that although the one I have is pretty handy, it does get in the way of the bolt release.  Sometimes even making a good cheek weld difficult with the rear buckle popping up in your jaw.

I'll go Wilderness then! Giles single point!  Did you mount the Kac reciever end plate swivel or GG&G?  I think Someone mentioned the GG&G won't work with a PRI big latch.  I Could have wrongly read that though!  Thanks again and  Take care...
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
GG&G is what Im running right now.  Get the Daniel Defense ring, it'll clear the Gas Buster charging handle.

I tried the KAC reciever plate sling mount.  It dug the QD swivel into the top of my hand without mercy.  But, I have big hands.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I run the KAC single point receiver plate with the PRI Gas Buster with no problems, but I have small hands. I was using a Giles single point sling, but have switched to a CQB single point sling because the Giles webbing was stiff (late model) and digging into my skin (I don't wear body armor or tac gear).  I don't really care for the single point on my regular rifles but it is the cat's meow on my 11.5" commando.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you gentlemen!  I'm gonna order the DD reciever plate and give it a go.  I got fairly large hands.......and uhhh, huge feet[:D].....so the KAC may interfere for me.  I like the way the DD appears to round away from the weapon.  We'll soon see!  THanks again!

Horik
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Treetop,

How much noise does the HK snap ring make against the metal of the gun?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top