Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2011 2:58:43 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience using them for a build?  Wideners has a great price on them and I know from personal experience that their M14SA receivers are very good.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few and the fit and finish is very nice, I would use them again for sure.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
they're about 20 min. from my hometown. I don't have one myself, but few that i know around here digs 'em.

ETA: Its kinda strange to hear someone out-of-state actually buying a firearm, or part of, from NY. Usually the other way around... we buy 'em out-of-state and have to change everything about them, just so we can go to the range.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]

ETA: Its kinda strange to hear someone out-of-state actually buying a firearm, or part of, from NY. Usually the other way around... we buy 'em out-of-state and have to change everything about them, just so we can go to the range.

I hear ya.  I'm an ex-pat from NJ.  Glad to be out of that restrictive state.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one. very nice lower the only thing is that mine is not black but dark grey if it matters....
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#5]
There ok, the finish on mine along with others is ok. My S&W is nicer
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Got one - GTG
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
i have used them befor and i like them...  i have one right now that i am going to use for a personal rifle that im building up... i really like the machining on there print... nice and deep lettering and nice logo too...  i really apreciate that the reciever is stamped ( U.S. RIFLE )  and you can just tell that the craftsmanship on the lower is premuim...  These recievers are quility workmanship and it shows when you put it up against some of the other lowers at its price range... i like mine more than i do my rock river recievers...  just because of the pricepoint it makes it better to me... i like spending less and getting more...  
- I have noticed that the one i have on hand right now is a little differant in the inside than that of a rock river...  THE INSIDE SHELF IS CUT A LITTLE LOWER THAN THAT OF A ROCK RIVER...
i dont know what that would have to do with anything but it is a lower cut shelf...  the mag well is a little less flared out than the rock river and gives a little less movement with magazine which in my opinion is worth more for accuracy work but might be slightly slower in mag changes but not by much and probably not even noticable at all...
over all i like the fact that i can pick one up under a $100 bucks camparied to $150 for a rock river...   and in my opinion over all just feels better and bit more rugged and feels to me just better...  Dont know why... maybe just slightly thicker or what, who knows... but to me it just feels better...
   but i would have to say they are GOOD TO GO...   try one i think you'l like it!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everybody for the input.

Decision made.  If one's good, two will be even better!  

Can't wait to start my build.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#9]
20 mins from my house, great price, and the color matches all my uppers nicely, including my new Delton upper...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top