Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 11/9/2018 9:48:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/9/2018 9:49:08 PM EST by Almonz]
I am in the market for a LPVO, and am torn between two specific choices. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Athlon Cronus BTR 1-6x24 LPVO and if it's just as good as their 4.5-29x56. I currently own a Cronus BTR 4.5-29 and I must say the glass is superb, very comparable to my good friend's Razor Gen II and I paid less than what he did for his Razor. I am considering Athlon's Cronus but in the 1-6 since I can get it for a bit cheaper than the 1-6 Razor Gen II (100ish less). I am not looking to start a brand-war, as I own products from both companies. Just seeing what the community has to say regarding both, and possibly some alternatives around the same price range. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:51:46 PM EST
I prefer the Razor, as I have the VMR-2 reticle on multiple rifles. They support competitive shooting, and are just a great company to work with.

But I don't think you would be going wrong with the athalon either.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:43:36 AM EST
I haven't looked through one, so it is hard to say.

For only $100 difference I would probably go Razor but I already have one and it is a great optic so I am biased.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:44:05 AM EST
I am leaning towards the Razor as well just because I know they are bombproof. Are there any other alternatives out there or is the Razor pretty much just the "go-to" LPVO?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:56:59 AM EST
I have the Cronus 1-6. I would get the Razor.

Biggest issue is that the illumination is not very bright. Which I think is critical for a LPVO. I am not a fan of FFP on LPVO (but I do like them on higher powered scopes.

its lighter, but has a very solid build. Positive clicks. LOW glass, just like the Razor. Reticle is what it is. Maybe you like it, maybe you dont.

I got one for 600 new, so I had to try it. Its on a 6.5G I use for hunting. Not a self-defense optic in my opinion.

I think its a great brand and well built. I wouldn't hesitate to get one of their bigger scopes.

Needs brighter illum. NOt only not daylight bright, its not daylight visible.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:20:21 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sylvan:
I have the Cronus 1-6. I would get the Razor.

Biggest issue is that the illumination is not very bright. Which I think is critical for a LPVO. I am not a fan of FFP on LPVO (but I do like them on higher powered scopes.

its lighter, but has a very solid build. Positive clicks. LOW glass, just like the Razor. Reticle is what it is. Maybe you like it, maybe you dont.

I got one for 600 new, so I had to try it. Its on a 6.5G I use for hunting. Not a self-defense optic in my opinion.

I think its a great brand and well built. I wouldn't hesitate to get one of their bigger scopes.

Needs brighter illum. NOt only not daylight bright, its not daylight visible.
View Quote
Is yours a BTR? I notice the Cronus BTR's are second-focal plane, so I am guessing that they changed that. I'm looking at the Razors and the price ~950ish dollars brand new is not bad at all.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:49:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/11/2018 6:37:25 PM EST by Rob01]
Top Top