Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2003 4:42:37 PM EDT
I have been in a carbine school for the past 3 days so I can now carry my Bushy on duty.  I'd say we shot around 1000 rounds in the class.  The Bushy worked great, not a single problem.  The EoTech is a GREAT for tactical shooting.  I shot it out to 100 yards with great groups.  It is much more at home from about 50 yards and in.  But, being able to shoot as you move with BOTH eyes open is an incredible tactical advantage.
Overall, I am extremely satisfied with everything.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the EoTech is a big sucker to have up there if all it does it provide a aiming refrence. I want a small acog reflex or aimpoint if i just need a dot.  Now I will sacrifice size for a Trijicon ACOG TA31 cuz it's worth it to have magnification and a dot.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#2]
We had a couple guys with ACOG's in the class.  The EOTech was noticeably faster in the CQB drills we did.  I tried one of them out back to back with my EOTech, and I much prefer the EOTech for CQB.  The only advantage I saw to the ACOG was the magnification at ranges outside of 75 yards.  The ACOG's had tighter groups at the longer distances obviously.
The big advantage of the EOTech was the ability to keep both eyes open while you are moving and shooting.  The peripheral vision is a great advantage.  Not to mention, the ability to use your rear flip up sight through the EOTech is a great benefit.  
The ACOG is a wonderful sight, don't get me wrong.  But I thought long and hard about the purpose and type of duty my AR will see.  The EOTech fits that purpose better.  If I ever get an optic for long ranges, it will be an ACOG.
The EOTech serves it's designed purpose extremely well.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think the EoTech is a big sucker to have up there if all it does it provide a aiming refrence. I want a small acog reflex or aimpoint if i just need a dot.  Now I will sacrifice size for a Trijicon ACOG TA31 cuz it's worth it to have magnification and a dot.
View Quote

Better read up on the Acog reflex, junior. I have tried both and prefer the EOtech. The reflex is prone to washout.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Better read up on the Acog reflex, junior. I have tried both and prefer the EOtech. The reflex is prone to washout.
View Quote

I second that Mr-Seven-Post-Man [:P]...Eotechs are the next generation of non-magnifying gun sights. Offering incredible fast target acquisition and 1MOA capabilities
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The EOTech was noticeably faster in the CQB drills we did.  
View Quote

I noticed the same thing this past summer at class.  When I used my EO Tech I was much faster at CQB drills than with my Compact ACOG with BAC (TA50-2).

HOWEVER, when you were outside the 'CQB' arena the magnification was great as I could check the targets to see if they were hostile, at even 50 yards sometimes it tough to distinguish between a beer botle and a small handgun.

The other advantage I found with the TA50 was it allowed me to see better at night (no matter if I was using a light or not).  It gave me a range advantage over guys with irons, red-dot sights, or standard scopes.

For CQB (home defense) I much prefer the EO Tech - for everything else there are the ACOG Scopes with BAC (TA31/TA11/TA50/TA47).

I also own a Trijicon Reflex ACOG.  Nice little optic, usually works well, but I'd much rather have my EO Tech or TA50.  My Reflex is now a 'backup' optic.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I was not really refering to the quality but to the size of the sight system on the weapon.  I am sure there is a small reflex, aimpoint type small device that does not wash out, and is 1/2-2 times smaller than the EoTech.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Please let me know when you find it... a DrOptic as a main sight perhaps?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am sure there is a small reflex, aimpoint type small device that does not wash out, and is 1/2-2 times smaller than the EoTech.  
View Quote

As DevL said when you find it be sure to let us know.  The Aimpoint M2 is about the same size as the EO Tech and weight is the same when you realize the M2 needs a mount.  However the EO Tech can produce a brighter reticule than the Aimpoint.

Reflex is smaller and lighter, but its more prone to washout and distorts color.

The large size of the screen of the EO Tech is an advantage.  It gives you a larger unobstructed view, and unlike the other optics if a portion of the lens is missing (due to dammage) you can still use the EO Tech.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top