Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/19/2008 5:39:44 AM EST
Does the LMT semi bolt carrier have a shrouded firing pin?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:21:14 AM EST
Yes it does.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:36:10 AM EST
Thanks.

From the description I thought that it might, but it never really comes right out and says it. It just says, "heavier profile at rear of carrier group and under firing pin".

I am still planning to stick with a semi BCG...the information on if you can or can't use an M16 BCG is still very confusing. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:54:51 AM EST
Unless you live in a retarded state, an auto carrier is just fine. LMT makes those, and they'e great, although I wouldn't expect a semi from LMT to be lacking in any way either.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:35:09 AM EST
Gambitt,

Thanks for your thread. I need to buy a few BCGs myself. I think that there is a huge amount of bad info on the internet. I bought a Colt 6721 yesterday. It has a FA bolt in it. My dealer showed how Colt is allowed to ship a FA bolt in a SA weapon. When you open up the upper and lower and look just behind the trigger asy in a Colt lower there is a bridge or web. This prevents a dropin auto sear from being used. I can tell you that that bridge is NOT there on my Bushmaster or Armalite guns. Alot of people use the Colt letter to justify putting a FA BCG in a non-Colt gun-I hope that they are okay. Like you, I am just going with a SA BCG.

John
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:52:53 AM EST
Yes, I have read that Colt is making some type of modification to the bolt carrier and that it isn't just an out of the box M16 bolt. I think to put an M16 BCG in a gun is taking a chance. The BATF changes things day to day...I am going to stay on the safe side.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 9:41:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/19/2008 9:43:45 AM EST by KingC]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 12:44:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By Gambitt:
Yes, I have read that Colt is making some type of modification to the bolt carrier and that it isn't just an out of the box M16 bolt. I think to put an M16 BCG in a gun is taking a chance. The BATF changes things day to day...I am going to stay on the safe side.

+1, sold my BCM carrier for this very reason.
Top Top