Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/7/2006 12:07:41 PM EDT
Quick questions from an FNG here....
 I have a lower from LMT with the RRA/Bushmaster style plastic stock, how do I slide it off the buffer tube? Do I have to push out the roll pin in the lock then unscrew it and slide it off? Following up on that since the LMT tube is milspec, I should be able to slide on an LMT SOPMOD stock with no problems, no?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 I have a lower from LMT with the RRA/Bushmaster style plastic stock, how do I slide it off the buffer tube? Do I have to push out the roll pin in the lock then unscrew it and slide it off? Following up on that since the LMT tube is milspec, I should be able to slide on an LMT SOPMOD stock with no problems, no?

Thanks in advance.

You're asking how to just pull the stock off the tube, right? Instead of pushing 'up' on the adjustment lever, pull it down so the pin cannot engage with the holes in the tube, then pull the stock off. It took me a while to figure out this, too
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks in advance.

You're asking how to just pull the stock off the tube, right? Instead of pushing 'up' on the adjustment lever, pull it down so the pin cannot engage with the holes in the tube, then pull the stock off. It took me a while to figure out this, too

Doh! Thanks a lot. Now as far as the Sopmod stock it should be ok on my buffer tube?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
If the existing buffer tube is LMT, you are good to go.

If the existing buffer tube is RRA/Bushmaster, you are not good to go.

You need a mil-spec buffer tube (LMT, VLTOR, CMT, Colt) for the SOPMOD buttstock.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If the existing buffer tube is LMT, you are good to go.

If the existing buffer tube is RRA/Bushmaster, you are not good to go.

You need a mil-spec buffer tube (LMT, VLTOR, CMT, Colt) for the SOPMOD buttstock.

Thanks for the reply, my buffer tube is LMT. At least that's what came with the lower.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top