Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2010 1:47:41 PM EST
I want to build a plain jane, milspec semi-auto m16a2. Ideally I'd want a colt lower with colt FCG parts, but I don't think that's going to happen. Is the LMT defender lower with fixed a2 stock considered the equal of colt? I'll be putting either a colt or FN m16a2 complete upper on it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:10:01 PM EST
IMHO, the LMT lower is every bit as good as the Colt.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 4:23:22 PM EST
Besides a complete SR-15 lower, the LMT offers more than any other lower out there if you get the model w. 2stage trigger, ambi selector and lmt tube w. sopmod stock.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:08:49 AM EST
I bought an LMT Defender factory stocked A2 lower a few years a go for my A4 clone build. It's great. I have two other LMT carbine lowers I made into carbines.

Curiously, the A2 stocked lower came with the un-notched M16 hammer, the other two had notched hammers.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:27:27 AM EST
You could also build an all Colt M16A2 clone using current production Colt model MT6601 Match Target HBAR rifle and just change the barrel to a Colt A2 government profile barrel assembly, current Colt lower models have small diameter mil-spec size FCG pins.

If you don't want the complete rifle you could also just buy the lower only either the Colt model I mentioned or the model MT6700 Match Target Competition HBAR and then use any upper you wish.

LMT lowers are pretty good too, I have a carbine and compared to my 3 Colts, LMT also have high quality.

Top Top