Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 11:29:01 AM EST
I am in a serious debate with myself right now. I am torn between building a LMT MRP right now or waiting till the HK416 or the LE1020 become availible? Maybe even until LMT comes out with a piston operated AR. I dont think obtaining the HK416 or LE1020 will be a problem as long as individual officer purchase is possible except the 7 months wait. But I dont want to buy one unless I know they are going to take off and become a main stream product. Right now I have two bushmaster M4 so I am not short ARs for the time being. I always value others opinion, so what do you think?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:44:24 AM EST
I am kinda in the same spot you are. Here is what I would do. Build the LMT now. Later if or when the piston shows its better side you can sell the LMT with little or no loss (guns go up in value) and buy a piston AR. It is going to be a while before they are moving big numbers of piston ARs. I want someone else to test them all and tell me whitch one is the best. If the 416 is great and the Colt will not run, I don't want to be on the waiting list for a 1020.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:49:30 AM EST
Have you taken a look at the Leitner-Wise Rifle Co. gas piston AR?

Justin
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:57:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 12:36:22 PM EST by redfisher]

Originally Posted By CitySlicker:

Justin

This isn't a bad idea at all

It represents one of the current options for a piston AR - and a good one

The Colt 10 series will likely not hit your hands until maybe October - give or take 3 months.

The Hk?.................try never (IMO) EDIT TO ADD: Just noticed your LE status. You may well be able to get one, and if so..........easy choice.

and worth the wait. Like you said, you have the Bushmaster to keep you safe and smiling until then

(doesn't change the remark below)
LMT lower, with the POF or L-W upper would be a great gun.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:05:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 12:07:11 PM EST by Trey-W]
Leitner-Wise would be a good one to go with. HK even had good things to say about it when they shot it at the Border Patrol shoot expo. The folks at 48th Highlander has posted a very good report from the shoot and also has some good photos. I'll find the link.

Edit: Here it is
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:30:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By redfisher:

Justin

This isn't a bad idea at all

It represents one of the current options for a piston AR - and a good one

The Colt 10 series will likely not hit your hands until maybe October - give or take 3 months.

The Hk?.................try never (IMO) EDIT TO ADD: Just noticed your LE status. You may well be able to get one, and if so..........easy choice.

and worth the wait. Like you said, you have the Bushmaster to keep you safe and smiling until then

(doesn't change the remark below)
LMT lower, with the POF or L-W upper would be a great gun.

I don't believe individual officer sales are being considered [by HK] at this time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:56:00 PM EST
I was looking at the L-W site today and alls I saw in the area of AR piston uppers was their propriotary 50 cal upper. Does anyone have a linnk to their 5.56 uppers?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:06:46 PM EST
In defense of LMT the MRP is relatively proven (3 years) and very slick Who knows what kind of quality come with a new Colt product...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:46:09 PM EST

I don't believe individual officer sales are being considered [by HK] at this time.

It is my understanding that H&K is allowing individual officer purchases on 416 uppers.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:52:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By James_Brown:
I was looking at the L-W site today and alls I saw in the area of AR piston uppers was their propriotary 50 cal upper. Does anyone have a linnk to their 5.56 uppers?

LWRC has a forum in the Industry Section; it is very active and any questions you have are sure to be answered promptly, if they have not been already. Here's a link: www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=171.

Hope this helps.

Justin
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:55:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By MAP:

It is my understanding that H&K is allowing individual officer purchases on 416 uppers.

Mike

Mike,

The reason that I expressed doubt as to this is I recall reading conflicting reports on this very issue in a dsicussion at 10-8Forums, HKPro, and this forum respectively. If you don't mind my asking, do you have a link supporting your assertion? Thanks Mike.

Best Regards,

Justin
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:05:27 PM EST
Anybody got a link for their website and or e-mail? Also whats the cost for one of their uppers?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:57:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By jaymeister99:
Anybody got a link for their website and or e-mail? Also whats the cost for one of their uppers?

Jay,

As I wrote above, the good folks at LWRC have been too busy building guns to update their website.

However, they have a forum in the Industry section: www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=171. Paul Leitner-Wise (user name: Leitner-Wise), Darren (48thHighlander), Jesse (MisterJG), Matt (LWRC_Matt), and Marrianne (same user name) all frequent the forum regularly so your questions will be answered promptly.

Hope this helps.

Justin
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:28:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By MAP:

Mike

Mike,

The reason that I expressed doubt as to this is I recall reading conflicting reports on this very issue in a dsicussion at 10-8Forums, HKPro, and this forum respectively. If you don't mind my asking, do you have a link supporting your assertion? Thanks Mike.

Best Regards,

Justin

I contacted a LE firearms distributor I have bought from in the past and they said as of right now the HKs are 7 to 8 months out. They also said 14.5 in barrel is the longest available and no semi autos listed. Does not sound good as of now. I intented to ask about an upper only but I forgot.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:29:06 AM EST
With respect to the Hk416, can someone who has seen/used them, enlighten me on the "Firing Pin Block Safety"

Top Top