Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 8:46:44 PM EDT
Just want to pass this info along from my favorite local store.

Click for Flyer(page 3)

I already got 3 MRP's already so I would pass but the FN FiveSeven looks good to me.

edit: They still have them this afternoon when I visited.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Click for Flyer(page 3)

I already got 3 MRP's already so I would pass but the FN FiveSeven looks good to me.

I had an MRP on order from denny's, but I cancelled the order when I saw how shocking the quality is on their lowers now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click for Flyer(page 3)

I had an MRP on order from denny's, but I cancelled the order when I saw how shocking the quality is on their lowers now.

Could you elaborate on that one please, I fondled two complete Defender lowers yesterday and I didn't notice anything wrong with either.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click for Flyer(page 3)

Could you elaborate on that one please, I fondled two complete Defender lowers yesterday and I didn't notice anything wrong with either.

Check items such as the castle nut staking....or lack their of.

They missed my notch in the buffer tube by 5mm. I think it was staked by a blind person.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click for Flyer(page 3)

here is one - http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=455946&page=1

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click for Flyer(page 3)

here is one - http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=455946&page=1

DAMN!!!

So much for QC, eh?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click for Flyer(page 3)

I'm sure Denny wouldn't have given you a bad one.  Same with Bravo Company, I believe they personally inspect them before sending them out.  All my LMT gear from Bravo has been immaculate.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I like how BCM does it right!

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#8]
LMT's products are GTG.  What few problems they may have with QC is unfortunate but rare.  With the recent volume of business the industry has experienced, everyone, even the almighty Colt had QC issues.

LMT will take care of what ever the problem is as Gene has helped me in the past.  Buy with confidence and never look back.

LMT makes some of the finest weapons on the market.  The MRP platform is a great rifle.  These prices are good ones and if your in the market it would be a steal for a piston.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
my new LMT defender had a few chips/missing finish here and there/
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I just picked one up and it is perfect.  Everyone has problems once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#11]
My LMT MRP came perfect, no cosmetic blems anywhere. The basic LMT I saw today in a shop was equally nice,
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Whats that red suff on your charging handle for?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Silicone.

It keeps the gas out of your face when you run a suppressor, like a Gasbuster.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I have 2 rifle length mrps that bar-none are the most flawless beauties i have in my collection and although i have them on colt lowers i bet the bottoms of LMT are as nice as the tops.   The gent above stated that  LMT and COLT are obviously bound to have a few mistakes but when your at the top tier as MRPs are, and paying the top dollar as well, its certainly reasonable to expect perfection considering LMT has replicated it so so often.... However if you are in the extreme minority of one who has a problem with LMT, you will find Gene is more than willing to bend over backwards to resolve the problem and restore the product to LMT's legendary rep....

PS cant help but noting that after seeing the "I HATE LMT.......cause my castle nut was not staked right" originally and now seeing this bs reposted deserves to be called out.  Obviously dude man with the bunk castle nut usually has GOD himself as his gunsmith....moreover its sad that someone is willing to trash a customer friendly company that has a product that is arguable the best in its market over a stake job or something so ridiculous like that.
If they dont make it right ultimately i will be right there with anyone screaming foul...but some many folks complain before giving the company to make it right.  Last thing next time before knocking a helluva great  company for a small problem.....CALL LMT first, see how easy it is 99% of the time for it to be resolved and still have the ability to not be a hypocrite when you ultimately search the rest and come back to one the best in LMT.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click for Flyer(page 3)

You cancelled an order because you never saw the actual product?

I have 3 MRP rifles. 2 DI and 1 Piston. They were purchased in Januaray, March, and July 2009. They are perfect. You know you should check your rifles before signing on the line when they are being transfer to your name. If they don't look "right", then don't sign on the dotted line.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have 2 rifle length mrps that bar-none are the most flawless beauties i have in my collection ....

I just saw a MRP on a LMT-SOPMOD lower for the first time yesterday- at Surplus Ammo. IIRC it was a piston setup- that was one impressive piece. It was used, going for $1,400, and they were willing to sell the upper and lower separately. I went back this afternoon to see about picking up the lower only, but not surprisingly, the whole thing had been scooped up that morning. It was being sold by a soldier who was being transferred to Ft Bragg and couldn't take it with him. Good for him that he got rid of it- I think they said it was sold to a State Trooper- so it went to a good home.    

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silicone.

It keeps the gas out of your face when you run a suppressor, like a Gasbuster.

Oh, cool!

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click for Flyer(page 3)

You cancelled an order because you never saw the actual product?

I have 3 MRP rifles. 2 DI and 1 Piston. They were purchased in Januaray, March, and July 2009. They are perfect. You know you should check your rifles before signing on the line when they are being transfer to your name. If they don't like "right", then don't sign on the dotted line.

+1, I have a few CQB MRP's myself.  They are very impressive.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top